Subscriber Discussion

Cameras Keep Vanishing And Reappearing On Dahua Recorder?

GF
Gerald Fowler
Jul 08, 2016

The unit is a dahua 4432-16P. I had 16 cams on 192.168.3.65-81 all ok. I put other switch on main Ethernet port 192.168.0.1 and set ip of unit at 192.168.0.30. So i added cams and they keep vanishing and reappearing. Seems theres lot people in hotel and mobile IPs must be interfering with mine.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 08, 2016

This is actually pretty common and happens more often when the recorder is set for motion only recording.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Are you saying you have cameras on both the 192.168.3.0 and the 192.168.0.0 networks?

GF
Gerald Fowler
Jul 08, 2016

well on board switch has to be on its own network the 16p portion so what is alternative to still be able to access internet and also add 16 more cams.So now 192.168.3.50 is switch and cams go from 65 to 81 then other network is 192.168.0.30 where internet resides on 192.168.0.1 and cams go from 192.168.0.40 to 56 .

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

what alternative?

Putting the switch on one of the POE ports?

BW
Brendon Welch
Jul 08, 2016

I would be interested to see if a little hack I have come up with will help resolve your issue.

I want it to be noted that I have had success doing this on Dahua firmware for various models, but cannot say I have for your specific model.

I am sure you are aware that NVR's with their own POE switch do not allow you to set the POE switch to the same Gateway as the LAN. I have figured out how.

On the NVR go to Main Menu- (Settings) Network. Set the IP to Static. Change it to a unique sequence. (Ex. IP : 172.168.10.10 - Gateway: 172.168.10.1). Apply.

Then go to the POE Switch Settings. Change the POE Switch settings to replicate your local network. (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.1). Click Apply.

**Make sure you have already configured your router to assign IP's to Computers and other devices. (Ex all cams get 192.168.0.2-0.33 and all others get 192.168.0.34+) so you know *32 ip addresses are available for your cams.

Go back to the IP Configuration, and set the NVR back to DHCP. Click Apply. Exit. and reboot the NVR.

(One terrific benefit of doing this: the cameras connected directly to the NVR, can not be accessed locally on the Network individually. To the same point, can be configured in your router using port forwarding to be made remotely accessible individually.)

Best of Luck.

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 08, 2016

I'm not with Dahua but I can help.

You have most of it configured correctly and yes, you can/should program the internal switch to any scheme BUT the scheme used by the client switch address (NVR/DVR) and it's done for a good reason.

Your issue is that the cameras on the Client side get their addresses from the Client DHCP server/switch/router and those are set as DHCP. When you discover the cameras the NVR remembers the IP address only. If the cameras IP address changes then it "loses" the camera. Since those cameras are manually discovered and added, unlike those plugged into the back of the unit, they "disappear".

some versions allow you to disable the internal switch which then allows the DHCP device to pass through addresses in the same scheme directly to the cameras and makes them directly accessible from the Client network. Some versions.....

A "simple fix" is to see what addresses are issued by the Client router/switch/DHCP server and program the cameras to a static range outside that area. That requires access to the device and a working knowledge of it. The drawback is if they change it, all that work goes away. Just setting the cameras to static won't prevent the DHCP server from issuing duplicate addresses.

An easier fix when possible is to use more than one recorder so all cameras are managed by the recorders. Sometimes that's not possible.

A Dahua person might make a different suggestion.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions