Subscriber Discussion

Unixcctv Information?

LT
Larry Trump
Jan 03, 2017

I can't' seem to find much information on UnixCCTV, can someone enlighten me? ... Who is manufacturer? Product quality/reliability, pro/cons, etc? Thanks in advance.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 04, 2017
IPVM

Larry, I have seen UnixCCTV at trade shows for many years but have never talked to them nor have I heard anyone ask about them until you.

My perception was that they are a lower cost / budget provider. I am curious how they are doing these days / competing with the last few year's price cuts.

How have you heard of them? Have you used them?

Armando Perez
Jan 05, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

They used to be one of the more quality conscious oem distributors with a few cheapie parts here and there. 3 years ago they made a change and things changed. Back in the analog days they had a good mix of cost and quality with a majority of their cams being Korean wonwoo or other OEM.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 04, 2017

Lots of Dahua and HIK OEMs in their offerings.  I think they are also selling MagicDVRs (Armando's favorite, I hear), or were, at one point.  They are low rent, for sure.  I've bought around 10 cameras from them and over half are dead.  One camera has been going strong for 3+ years: that model is a Dahua mini dome OEM.

(1)
(1)
Armando Perez
Jan 05, 2017

Multiple manufacturers. Used to be exclusively Korean parts. They were better then. My opinion is they are junk now and another me too. We had a 90% failure rate on their magic dvrs. Back in the capture card days they were fantastic. We have sold well over 5000 capture card based machines many years ago. Nowadays, I believe them to be pretty irellevant. They have some interesting led lighting options and decent pricing on misc hdmi and sdi parts, but that 90% failure rate left a bad taste in my wallet.

Armando Perez
Jan 05, 2017

And I'm not shy about sharing that.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Feb 16, 2023

Who manufactures Magic DVR for UnixCCTV?

I like Magic DVR because it has simplified GUI (better than HK and Dahua), HD SPOT out, and POS Interface

is there any other manufacture which offers the same? reason I ask because new Magic PVT series doesn't have same interface and image quality is not the same and I believe there is no HD Spot, Unixcctv says it's because of chip shortage.

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Who Manufactures Magic DVR For Unixcctv?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions