Subscriber Discussion

Uniview Bigger Than Hikvision And Dahua In China?

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Claiming "#1 among domestic manufacturers"

Say what? 

From an e-mail recieved today:

(2)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2017
IPVM

#1, let me ask Uniview corporate for feedback. My main question is how much is this WorldEyeCam's claim vs Uniview? Some of these things certainly do not sound correct.

Even more basic, the Axis wordmark in the image is wrong, so not sure how sophisticated whomever did this is...

Related, here is the WorldEyeCam video:

(1)
(2)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 05, 2017

"Even more basic, the Axis wordmark in the image is wrong, so not sure how sophisticated whomever did this is..."

That Axis logo is from an Indonesian telecom of that name, which is a part of Saudi Telecom Company.

*doesn't the 'com' part of telecom represent company?  As in telecommunications company?

The name Saudi Telecom Company makes my OCD flare up almost as much as when people say ATM machine. 

(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

The name Saudi Telecom Company makes my OCD flare up almost as much as when people say ATM machine.

while punching in their PIN number?

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 05, 2017

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

That Axis logo is from an Indonesian telecom of that name...

Maybe Uniview technically has that Axis beat then, smart!

I like how every other country but Hik is assigned to the some of smallest markets known to man:

Samsung has a lock on Panama

Axis has nailed down the Falkland Islands

Bosch takes Western Australia 

Dahua dominates Madagascar

Honeywell totally has Greenland

JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2017
IPVM

Uniview response:

No we did not endorse it. However UNV is indeed NO.1 in many of vertical market in China. We are not No.1 among all China manufactures in China market.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Aug 09, 2017

Uniview response is more accurate than what WorldEyecam composed.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Aug 07, 2017

If you were to visit for example Hangzhou underground stations you will see more cameras then needed.

For every Hik model there is a Dahua hanging next to it, and a UNV just a few inches next to it. And yes they all have secured the underground as part of a project :)

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions