Subscriber Discussion

Ubiquiti Quality Declining?

Luis Carmona
Aug 07, 2015
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

I agree the Ubiquiti's from 2 or more years ago have been rock solid. The more recent ones.... not nearly so much.

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: Any Experience Using Ubiquiti Wireless Bridge For Long Camera Runs?

Ethan Ace
Aug 07, 2015

The comment above came from another thread, but I'm curious: is anyone else seeing a decline in Ubiquiti quality/reliability?

I believe I've heard this from more than just Luis.

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 07, 2015

Not seeing any issues yet. Starting to deploy the nanobeams over the M line and haven't had any issues.

Hal Bennick
Aug 07, 2015
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

I haven't played with UBNT in a while, but I used to compete against them. I pulled out several failed ubiquiti networks back then. I'm surprised that the quality could actually get worse.

AE
Adam Edkins
Aug 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I was working with the NBE-5AC-19 yesterday and they took forever to setup. Constantly dropping the connection and took forever to accept the config changes.

Luis Carmona
Aug 07, 2015
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

We're getting a lot of drop connections from the more recent versions before we swtiched to another product. We've tried firmware, site survey for signal availability and making sure they were not being overdriven since these are short distances (keeping the decibel levels between -40dbm to -60dbm).

We also had this super weird issue where a lot of them had some funky firmware bug where you plug them into the network to set them up, and immediately you get IP address conflict messages on computers all across the network. Then you try and talk to support and more and more we were just getting canned answers and nothing really addressing the issues. Maybe its growing pains from having grown so fast.

But ones we installed 5 years ago, those suckers just refuse to die.

Cosimo Malesci
Aug 24, 2015

Dear IPVM Readers,

my name is Cosimo Malesci and I am Fluidmes Co-Founder and VP Sales. For those of you looking for a higher quality alternative to Ubiquiti at an aggressive price, I would suggest to look at our PONTE radio kit. It provides up to 50 Mbps up to 3 miles in PTP. It runs a proprietary MPLS protocol instead of 802.11 thus offering 10 times less latency and more stability with video because of I Frame and P Frame optimization.

Part# is FM-PONTE.

It comes with 2 years warranty and unlimited tech support by phone and email. Currently in stock at Anixter, Graybar, CSC, and Accu-Tech.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us at 617-209-6080 or email us at info@fluidmesh.com

Thank you and talk soon!

Cosimo

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions