Subscriber Discussion

Ubiquiti Launches Consumer Division

Brian Karas
May 09, 2016
IPVM

Amplifi just has a home router for now. Not sure if they'll sell their security cams here as well eventually.

Ethan Ace
May 09, 2016

Technically it's not just a router. It's a router/extender combo kit. Luma and Eero are doing similar things, essentially a home mesh network. I've been tracking those because I've got a 1908 house with plaster and lath and wifi goes about 30'.

Both Luma and Eero are about $400 for a router + two extender combo, I think, so Amplifi is at least coming at it at a lower price.

It'll be interesting to see if they extend UniFi Video and even mFi (automation and monitoring) to the consumer range.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I've been tracking those because I've got a 1908 house with plaster and lath and wifi goes about 30'.

Same here, (ok maybe 1950). Terrible time with wifi. Had to turn of N mimo, too much stuff bouncing around. In the end I put my access point outside in my courtyard, the signal has a much easier time getting to all rooms thru the windows than the walls.

MM
Michael Miller
May 09, 2016

Not interested. I'll stick with Ruckus as I have one AP the covers my 3000Sq house and the 1/2 acre lot all with one AP.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions