Ubiquiti 'Elite' Advanced Support - Worth It Or Not?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 20, 2017
IPVM

The topic of support came up in a recent discussion about Ubiquiti pricing / dealer availability.

One clear limitation of Ubiqiuti historically has been the lack of traditional support (via phone, expedited RMAs, etc.). Recently, Ubiquiti has been adding what it calls 'Elite Device Licensing' at a premium price.

What do you think? Worth it or not?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 20, 2017
IPVM

More details.

This is what Elite includes:

This is what it costs annually per device:

Ubiquiti noted to us that they do not offer this for their video surveillance products but are considering adding it in the future.

MM
Michael Miller
Jul 20, 2017

I would like to know more about the "Expedited RMA" process and what is the turn around time for a new unit. 

Tom Stokes
Jul 25, 2017
Ubiquiti Networks

The UniFi Elite service providers advance shipment RMA (replacement units are shipped on filing the RMA, before the bad unit is returned). For urgent situations you can optionally pay an additional fee for overnight shipping of the advance replacement unit (applies only in the USA and a few other countries right now).

JH
John Honovich
Jul 25, 2017
IPVM

UniFi Elite service providers

Tom, is that service provided by Ubiquiti itself or 3rd party partners? If the later, who are they and do they vary by geographic region?

Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 20, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

Those seem very reasonable amounts to me, but I would have to analyze the cost delta between the UBNT equipment and an equivalent HP model, since this level of service is included with the purchase of HP switches.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions