UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 11, 2017

It's inevitable....

Brian Karas
Aug 11, 2017
IPVM

I don't disagree.

We explored a patent for something along these lines at VideoIQ. 

The basic idea was central stations would build a profile that listed what kinds of alarms/events they were setup to handle, along with the ability to accept events at a Market Rate or Bid Rate (basically, they agree to current price trends, or set their own terms for pricing).

When they had excess capacity (slow night), they could log into a system and flag that they were able to receive overflow events.

There was another part that got a lot more into the pricing, basically creating a market for event handling.

This would also have the benefit of helping new central stations come online, particularly for advanced things like video event handling. You could build a central station, and get some reasonable assurance it would have activity shortly after coming online, before you had built up your own account base.

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 11, 2017

I originally thought of this to offer independent small dealers, friends, family , work from home via an app on their smart devices in their pajamas....

Brian Karas
Aug 11, 2017
IPVM

Not sure I'd want Aunt Betty responding to a 3AM break-in for me, but maybe for lower-level monitoring it could work.

(1)
Sean Nelson
Aug 11, 2017
Nelly's Security

i dont think it would work. The biggest hurdle you run into is needing licenses to be a central station

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions