Subscriber Discussion

TVI Balun Issues

Joseph Parker
Oct 17, 2017

I've been using TVI for more small jobs, and typically run them with Cat6 so I don't have to stock RG59.  We've had a ton of issues with baluns, primarily the fact that same sensitive to any movement including heavy breathing.  Does anyone have any tips?  Also, would really love to find one with built in power and/or audio like they used to have, because terminating to a RJ45 also seems way easier.  Sorry if repost, and thanks!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 17, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Are you using baluns designed for TVI?  

What Baluns Work With HD Analog?

UTP Baluns For HDTVI

Joseph Parker
Oct 17, 2017

Yes, although I did discover that I may have been using may not have been rated for the 3MP cameras we were using.  I still find the 2 wire ones to be terribly sensitive, but I did also discover today that one of my vendors carries a 3-5mp version with power so just ordered a bunch.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 17, 2017
IPVMU Certified

although I did discover that I may have been using may not have been rated for the 3MP cameras we were using...

Good luck, although I can't think of a reason why any TVI balun would be rated for more MP than any other, as the frequency is the same regardless.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions