Subscriber Discussion

Tricky Application (For Me Anyway) - Automatically Email Snapshots From Various Cameras Daily

JP
Jamie Pugh
Jun 22, 2017

I have a client looking to take snapshots (not video clips) from various cameras and have them emailed automatically on a daily basis as a kind of video property check for insurance purposes. We use  Exacq for VMS and Hik and Axis for cameras. Apparently Axis cameras can do this but I have not yet worked my way through a manual to find out which models or how difficult it is.

We also have the Exacq cloud portal set up so there may be a way to accomplish this through that mechanism also.

Ideally I would like to be able to do it from the Exacq NVR as the current cameras are all analogue so I could easily add an encoder and forego the cabling/cost issues associated with the existing coax. If it can be done with Hik cameras then I can at least save the client some cost vs going to Axis.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 22, 2017

It can be done with most manufacturers. Hik or Axis.

link to a Hikvision product bulletin: 

http://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/174463cb-9771-4fb0-97aa-f99e14ca984a.pdf

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions