Subscriber Discussion

Who Does Training On Wireless / RF?

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Nov 03, 2016

Hello, I hope I have not asked this in the past.... but...

Yesterday the boss asked me to try to find some training classes for our installers.

We need to train them on using RF Radios.

I called engenius... which is what we are using...

[Update: Engenius does have options]

Any suggestions?

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Nov 03, 2016

Can I delete this post?

Engenius actually wrote me back!
It looks like they do have some options now.
When I called them before they did not...

JH
John Honovich
Nov 03, 2016
IPVM

Kenny, I updated your original comment to make clear that Engenius has training.

If you don't mind, I'd like to keep it as it is a good general discussion, and we might have recommendations for other wireless training options.

What does Engenuis offer? Classroom training? Online?

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Nov 03, 2016

They have onsite.... but they have have their high level / engineer class scheduled through the end of the year. They had a beginner class listed but none scheduled at all.

They also have ONLINE training.
I am not sure how good it is yet because they are still setting up my account but she said it covers all the basics.

DW
Dennis Widdows
Nov 03, 2016

Ubiquiti is the best equipment have used for this...Great pricing for top notch product...

https://www.ubnt.com/training/

MANY issues with Engenius in the past in terms of product...

Good luck..

(2)
DW
David Westberry
Nov 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Have you taken any of the Ubiquiti training? If so, is it decent?

I have been using their stuff for a little while and like it but thought with the super pricing that community support/forum support was it.

Thanks,

DW
Dennis Widdows
Nov 04, 2016

I have not taken it however they have on line as well as in person training see the link...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 04, 2016

If I want to do an online class do I still need to sign up as though I will be doing in class training? The site is directing me to the calendar page?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 03, 2016

Kenny,

what part of the US are you in? I would recommend a class w/ the Luxul trainers, if they have a class in your area...hands-on and very informative.

disclosure: I am a rep for Luxul

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Nov 03, 2016

Hello, we are West Monroe, LA.

We have been using Engenuis.

Are these products similar in quality and cost?

Do you have a rep in our area?
Or in our state at all?

UM
Nov 03, 2016

Kenny,

Funny...I know the guys*! Will you be attending the LLSSA Convention in two weeks? I'll be there.

Contact info:

Ernie Quintana (North Louisiana)

ernie@parproducts.com

Kyle Seay* (South Louisiana)

kyle@parproducts.com*

*Thats me.

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Nov 03, 2016

Hey man! What guys do you know? The ones from LUXUL?

I wont be attending but we may have someone down there.

Do you represent an RF radio product?

We would love to find some good training in our state or close to home.

We have been using the radios for a few years... but we want to learn more about RF... also we have some new guys who could stand some professional RF training.

UM
Nov 04, 2016

Send me an email with your contact info:

kyle@parproducts.com

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 03, 2016

We had to install 10 Engenius AC radios. Followed the instructions for an older product on their youtube channel and the radios worked. Tech support was helpful and easy to reach. They are a little bit more expensive than ubiquiti. I liked the fact they have a second POE compliant (af) port, no need for a switch if you only have one camera to link.

Gert Molkens
Nov 04, 2016
IPVMU Certified

If you want it decent and manufacturer independant then you need to take a look at CWNP: https://www.cwnp.com/

(2)
AD
Alex Doorduyn
Nov 11, 2016

Disclosure - I am a Siklu employee

Siklu offers a range of millimeter Wave wireless RF training courses around the country, including both live online as well as classroom led certification training. This training is free to certified partners who are installing Siklu radios as part of a project.

YouTube videos are also available on how to install V-Band (60GHz) and E-Band (70/80GHz) radios (not posting on here without the consent of IPVM).

Thanks

Alex Doorduyn

Siklu

Oleksiy Zayonchkovskyy
Jan 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Agree with Gert Molkens... CWNA will be the best option covering wi-fi in depth for both RF and infrastructure topics. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions