Top Commenters Q4 2017

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

We just paid $3,000+ to members for commenting, based on fellow member's votes. For the year we paid $10,000+ for commenters and another $25,000+ for survey takers.

Here are the top commenters for Q4 2017:

Note: This only includes votes on comments made disclosed to protect the identities of those choosing to post undisclosed. The #1 overall commenter received an incredible 1,400+ comments.

Congrats to all!

Worth noting that many of the top voted commenters are the most vocal critics of IPVM. I am happy for that as it encourages diverse views and debate, making IPVM a far more informative platform.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 05, 2018

"Here are the top commenters for Q4 2017:"

...that don't post Undisclosed.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

So how many votes did you get U1, don’t be shy now:)

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 05, 2018

I can only see my total votes on total comments on the main page... these are not broken down into how many votes were from Q4 only.  

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

You should have gotten an e-mail, take your $ amount and divide by .35 (35 cents a vote).

That’s the number.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 05, 2018

I opted out of the payment structure when it was launched - so I didn't get an email.

I don't post for the money, I post for the glory...

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Two-edged sword I guess.  Well I guess you should screenshot your totals ASAP and back-calc them next time. :)

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

When I post as UD I still see my recent votes so I assume these add to the total.

I saw my credit come today. The way things are going, I may just hang around here and try to make a living posting on IPVM...

(5)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 05, 2018

"When I post as UD I still see my recent votes so I assume these add to the total."

Right - I see these as well... but from those displayed total votes on total comments there is not a breakdown by quarter.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

#U2, first my apologies. I forgot about that. I've updated the post above to reflect that.

You had 1,400+ upvotes in Q4 2017 which was quite amazing, except that you get such massive totals every quarter!

Feel free to take a disclosed bow if you would like, I won't out you!

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

#U1, first my apologies. I forgot about that. I've updated the post above to reflect that.

I’m actually #U2 in this discussion :)

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

Sigh, fixed, #u1, don't take a bow!

BP
Bas Poiesz
Jan 05, 2018

Let's make that nifty edit button available to all of us John, I know I am not the only one that is missing this feature.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

Editing is available for all members for one hours after posting. If it's not showing in a specific browser, we'll look at fixing it.

(1)
BP
Bas Poiesz
Jan 05, 2018

I may have overlooked it but was never able to see it. I use Firefox exclusively.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 05, 2018

if you look right now at the post I am replying to, you should see an 'EDIT' button right next to your name and a REPLY button.

For one hours.  Then all you can do is reply.

BP
Bas Poiesz
Jan 05, 2018

Windows 10 + Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bits)

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

I've filed it as a bug. Thanks.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 08, 2018
IPVM

We've pushed out a fix for it, let me know if this resolves it in FF. Remember, it still will be only an hour after publishing a comment.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Maybe hit the Edit button right after posting and leave it open in a separate tab. 

Just in case... ;)

Brian Rhodes
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Whoa. Undisclosed humble-bragging is totally next level.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2018
IPVM

Note: we are going to add a feature that allows members to have their votes on undisclosed comments count for the Top Commenters list.

The reason we don't automatically do this is that we want to protect frequent commenters that for business purposes do not want their name known. This feature will let those who want to opt-in.

Related, soon enough I'll be knocked out of the public #1 spot by #2...

(1)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Jan 05, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I thought my UD posts counted towards my total... shucks

What about alias'es like othe forums? It would be nice to know who is who instead of UD1's all over the place

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions