Todd Harasses Samsung RSM

JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2015
IPVM

Oh brother...

The Worst Security Marketer Ever is back.

Check this out:

It's sad yet funny. Todd has been reduced to irrelevant critiques of LinkedIn status updates.

More ironic, Samsung is going analog HD anyway, so they 'get' it even under Todd's own logic.

Todd is the bizarro Moses. He wandered in the desert for years, babbling about SDI / HDcctv, finally the big manufacturer embrace HD analog, it explodes and Todd is left as a flunky for Dahua.

(2)
(6)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2015
IPVM

Btw, when Dahua chose Todd, I figured it was just a solitary error, getting started internationally. And yet Dahua keeps on bumbling, proving a track record of futility - Dahua Admits Failed Channel Strategy, The Bizarre Dahua North American Tour, Dahua Attacks Hikvision, etc.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 03, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Todd is the bizarro Moses. He wandered in the desert for years, babbling...

before his rules were committed to stone as AT 2.0, some say etched by the finger of Todd himself.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2015
IPVM

"committed to stone as AT 2.0"

aka Dahua bought AT 2.0...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Aug 03, 2015

Todd is clearly a believer of the phrase "no such thing as bad publicity".

MI
Matt Ion
Aug 04, 2015

Well, I suppose one needs to do whatever one can to keep oneself relevant (or at least maintain the appearance of relevance)...

Not that I have any sort of history with the guy.... *whistling innocently*

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 04, 2015
IPVMU Certified

More ironic, Samsung is going analog HD anyway, so they 'get' it even under Todd's own logic.

Even more ironic, since they have been selling and continue to sell HD-SDI systems to consumers for years now.

(1)
(1)
Michael Budalich
Aug 04, 2015
Genetec

Todd harassed me via linkedin not long ago. He reached out trying to be "friendly" talking about where I went to college and then responded with belittling rhetoric to inflate his own ego (seen below).

Cliffs: guy is a loon.

(2)
(2)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2015
IPVM

Todd's so charmingly out of touch. 'Last I heard from IPVM, every camera already is an IP camera.'

Except for the 8+ HD analog tests and dozen plus posts we have done on non-IP cameras in the past year.

(3)
Ethan Ace
Aug 04, 2015

Yeah, "charmingly."

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2015
IPVM

Todd is amusing in small doses. The problem is that he goes on and on, with the same agenda. For those of you who miss his unrelentless, time wasting debating, see this lovely discussion.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 11, 2015
IPVMU Certified

For those of you who miss his unrelentless, time wasting debating, see this lovely discussion.

And for any who don't know what they might be missing, the appropriately named discussion, What A Disaster...., contains all the essential elements of a Rockoffing, and ends with his exile...

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 11, 2015
IPVM

Oh man, I forgot about that Rockoff fight:

(1)
MI
Matt Ion
Aug 04, 2015

"Charmingly".

(1)
(1)
(6)
RN
Roy Nilsen
Aug 11, 2015
The real story here is how good of a marketer Chris Music is. He's consistent, spot on and always professional. I have followed him for years and consider him one of the best.
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 11, 2015
IPVM

I heard Chris baited Todd or purpose just to get IPVM to do a post to get more attention for Samsung classes ;)

(5)
GC
Greg Cortina
Aug 11, 2015

Obviously that worked. Good job Chris!

U
Undisclosed
Aug 11, 2015

Some day, in a parallel universe, or in "IPVM.COM, the Video Game", we'll run into a clueful camera marketer that we all wax poetic about.

Not today, apparently.

(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions