Subscriber Discussion

Time Spent On Viewing And Managing Surveillance System(S)-- Any Useful Statistics?

JN
John Newsom
Jul 06, 2016

How much time does security staff spend and waste when it comes to monitoring and management. Does anyone have an statistics related to video surveillance systems and time spent to monitor when in many cases they are forced to repeatedly log into multiple servers to view and manage surveillance data from different locations or around large properties, or even multiple locations. Looking for any kind of rule of thumb or statistic that might be used to extrapolate for hundreds to thousands of cameras.

Thanks

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 06, 2016

I'm not really sure what you are asking... ?

"How much time does security staff spend and waste when it comes to monitoring and management."

I would think this could be wildly subjective.... define (and explain) 'spend and waste'.

"...in many cases they are forced to repeatedly log into multiple servers to view and manage surveillance data from different locations or around large properties, or even multiple locations."

I just don't agree with this in the year 2016. What modern day enterprise level VMS requires logging into multiple servers to view and manage surveillance data from their thick client?

" Looking for any kind of rule of thumb or statistic that might be used to extrapolate for hundreds to thousands of cameras."

Again - I think you need more definition and clarity in your request. Please define the statistics you seek.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 06, 2016

was just trying to get a sense of potential inefficiencies and i agree that is quite open ended and subjective. It was an exploratory question, so no need to respond if you haven't seen or heard of some kind of statistic that be relevant. thanks.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 06, 2016
IPVM

2, what he is getting at is that your assumptions are fundamentally flawed. It's like asking what is the average number of bars of gold a 2 year can old eat?

So your question is not subjective, it simply misunderstands how technology works in the 2010s, specifically the "repeatedly log into multiple servers" component.

We are happy to help but it would make no sense to give you stats on an assumption that is fundamentally wrong.

Here is one stat is somewhat close to your topic: Live Video Monitoring Usage Statistics

JH
John Honovich
Jul 06, 2016
IPVM

Related

Does anyone have an statistics related to video surveillance systems and time spent to monitor

Do you mean live monitoring? Recorded? What type of organizations? Do you mean per camera?

If you want to learn about the market, explain more what you are trying to understand.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions