Subscriber Discussion

Thermal Cameras Alternatives To FLIR

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 26, 2017

Hey Everybody!

I was wondering about Thermal Camera manufacturers that manufactures thermal cameras (Fixed and PTZ) and has the force to compete with FLIR.

Any Recommendations?

MC
Marty Calhoun
Mar 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hikvision DS-2TD4035D-25 25mm Thermal+Optical Network Speed Dome Camera

Hikvision just introduced these Thermal's in the US market not long ago. I have installed the 25mm PTZ with success and at a reasonable price point, significantly below FLIR, if you are a HIKVISION dealer.

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 26, 2017

Hey Marty,

They're looking for US/European manufacturer only.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 26, 2017
(1)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 26, 2017
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Mar 26, 2017

Pelco also I believe.  Ganz too. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Mar 27, 2017

I could be mistaken, but I believe FLIR makes a significant quantity of the bolometers that are utilized.  If that is true you may have a built-in price disadvantage going elsewhere.  For example, I know Axis has thermal cameras but they use FLIR bolometers.

(3)
(1)
Kestutis Nagys
Mar 27, 2017

Opgal:

https://www.opgal.com/thermal-cameras/

OP
Oleh Petrovych
Mar 30, 2017

We have installed AXIS Q2901-E Temperature Alarm Camera to monitor the occurrence of fire. It's work under Milestone VMS.  Just yesterday recorded another fire. While the greatest distance to the source of fire were fixed for 2-3 km

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #6
Mar 30, 2017

I haven't played with thermal in about 5 years, but I did a pilot with Axis and Pelco back then.  I'm no Pelco fan, but I was really quite impressed with the clarity and definition of their thermal image.  It really blew Axis away at that time.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #7
Mar 30, 2017

http://ganzsecurity.com/product_subcategory/5/Thermal

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #8
Mar 31, 2017

What is the application?

km
koby mishal
Apr 03, 2017

Mobotix thermal radiometry is also a good alternative for specific requirements.

Frank Pisciotta
Apr 03, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Marty,

Try Sight Logix

(1)
AK
Antoinette King
Apr 03, 2017

Axis has a great line of Thermal Imaging IP cameras.

Ashley Rose
Apr 03, 2017

Moog cameras & Silent Sentinel are good competitors in the higher end market depending on the features you need. For less complex installations the Axis, Bosch and Mobotix cameras should do everything you need at a good price.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #9
Apr 03, 2017

Infiniti Optics manufactures custom-built thermal PTZ systems. We compete with FLIR on the high-end and low-end thermal cameras, and can exceed their specifications for pan/tilt resolution/accuracy, pixels on target, and lens size.

www.infinitioptics.com

(Infiniti Optics employee)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #10
Apr 03, 2017

GANZ

Bosch

Axis

TKH Security

All make compelling Thermal products with some level of built in Analytics. What you will find though is FLIR, as the manufacturer of the core has a VERY distinct price advantage in the market place.

DRS make great cores, but they are expensive. Try to wrap a decent "camera" around that and you may be priced out already.

We are moving to Bosch Thermal for our applications. 

(1)
VT
Victor Telfer
Apr 03, 2017

We have been selling TBT

they have a full lineup and are a good alternative. 

RK
Rashid Khan
Apr 10, 2017

Perhaps you can also consider using the SNC-VB770

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions