Subscriber Discussion

The Most Required Video Analytics Based On AI (Deep Learning) For IP Camera?

LJ
Leo Jang
Oct 11, 2017

I would like to throw a question to all of you here.

What do you think is the most used/asked VA features using AI(Deep learning) for users?

Here are the cases;

1) For Indoor Camera

2) For Outdoor Camera

3) For Outdoor PTZ

Please tell me what are the necessary functions to be added for each case.

I welcome any advices and opinions from you.

Brian Karas
Oct 12, 2017
IPVM

Deep Learning has primarily been about giving the devices better understanding of the key elements of an image, or in other words, object detection/classification.

I would say the most commonly desired object to be detected is people, followed closely by vehicles. Thus, the most commonly requested feature for DNN-based video analytics is accurate detection and classification of people and vehicles in images.

Once a person/vehicle is accurately detected (and other objects like animals accurately ignored), you can use that for a behavior analysis, common examples being loitering, line-crossing, wrong-way travel, etc. Today, the behavior analysis rarely involves DNN's (though it can, it just does not come anywhere near "most used" applications right now), it is more based on simple measurement of where the object is in the image, what direction it moves and so forth.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions