Subscriber Discussion

Reviewed.Com's Best Smart Indoor Security Cameras Of 2018

Ross Vander Klok
Dec 03, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Check out this list from reviewed.com.  I think I have heard of all of these and I certainly have heard of Logitech, but the #1 camera?  Isn't that camera like two or three years old?    The window mount for it looks very cool though.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Dec 03, 2018
IPVM

Ross, thanks for sharing. Note: I changed the title to prepend "Review.com" to the title to make it clear who was saying this. Also, here is their list:

Poor Hikvision...

The upside to this list. It looks like they actually used these products or at least carefully looked at user reviews since they include meaningful negatives for many of these products.

For those wondering, their business model is affiliate links, i.e., all the products reviewed have links that get the reviewer paid for people who buy them on the linked site (typically Amazon). It's actually become a fairly big business in the consumer space. Reviewed.com is owned by USA Today, another one of these sites, Wirecutter, is owned by the NY Times, etc.

We don't use affiliate links, obviously because it creates a bias for which products are sold via affiliates links or which affiliate programs might pay more, etc.

(1)
(2)
Ross Vander Klok
Dec 03, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Thanks for tweaking that John.  I was impressed that they actually had some sort of review as opposed to just a list.  I also wondered how they could afford to do it so thanks for that explanation. 

Now I need to determine how I can start my own affiliate links site and then get bought out by a major newspaper before those go extinct....

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions