Subscriber Discussion

That Time Again! Vote For The Most Influential Person In Security And Fire 2016

Ross Vander Klok
Apr 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I can't recall who we were going to try to nominate this year. I know John hates getting votes so seems like we were going to get someone else. Someone that really, really shouldn't be on the list would be the most fun since it doesn't really take any skills or even any knowledge of the Security or Fire industry so it could be anyone. Any ideas?

http://www.ifsecglobal.com/vote-for-the-most-influential-person-in-security-2016

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Trump?

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 05, 2016
IPVM

MAKE THE PHYSICAL SECURITY INDUSTRY GREAT AGAIN?

(4)
Ross Vander Klok
Apr 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

"Mr. Trump, through his numerous access control investments, has pushed the industry to innovate at a never before seen level. As he continues to invest in more IT companies and tech start ups (IE his Trump Security brand) he will push the industry even further. His initial ideas of cloud storage, edge recording and wireless points changed the industry."

Just nominated him!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Great.

I sent him an invite to the site, in case he wants some background on the industry.

Though I'm confident he can pull it off without.

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Ross, bad news, the officials at IFSEC have denied the nomination to the Donald.

Trump, undeterred, says that he will "now focus his efforts on winning the GOP nomination".

Ross Vander Klok
Apr 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Horrible decision on their part. I am sure Trump will hold a press conference and denounce them as a joke of a publication and call them idiots.

OK so now I am going to get in and nominate Brian Karas, Brian Rhodes and Ari!

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

No need to split the vote, Ross. I nominated you!

You know what to do...

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 11, 2016

I nominate Deez Nuts

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Apr 12, 2016

Now we have competing awards!!! Nomination for Security Magazine's "Most Influential People in Security." All to sell more ad space!

JH
John Honovich
Apr 12, 2016
IPVM

Security Magazines' one has been around for years and is end users only, so at least it is more specific than IFSEC's one.

(1)
Ross Vander Klok
Apr 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

My security software blocks me from downloading or opening their nomination form. So I can't nominate you John! I know you will be disappointed....

JH
John Honovich
Apr 25, 2016
IPVM

The ex-chair of ONVIF is actually campaigning for votes:

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

From Samsung Techwin?

Never heard of them ;)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions