Test Your Surveillance Current Event Knowledge Winter 2014

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

We are rolling out a new feature of IPVM and here's a sneak peak (at part of it).

Go ahead and test your video surveillance current event knowledge with our 11 question quiz.

Let us know how you did and what you thought.

Shortly, we will be rolling out functionality where you can assign quizzes (on many topics) to your co-workers so you can see and encourage them to stay informed.

TS
Tim Sisk
Jan 28, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Wow, I did terrible. Informative

KG
Kevin Garben
Jan 28, 2014

54.55%, blah. Apparently I need to spend more time at work reading the intrawebs. Overall cool idea, it could be a nice refresher from time to time. What other topics did you have in mind? This one seemed like it would be aimed at business owner or marketing type. I could see where this could be helpful for us. We don't deal with CCTV on every project we handle so this would be a good tool to keep skills up.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

We can do lots of different quizzes - from technology topics (lenses or VSaaS or analytics) to installation (camera install best practices) to designing systems to quoting, etc., etc.

The goal is to build a broad array of quizzes that can help reinforce our reports and training as well as encourage people to learn more.

Duane Wilde
Jan 28, 2014

Heading into the bosses office right now with the proof that I need to spend more time surfing the net and less time in front of clients...thanks John!

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

Ha! I am not sure that is going to do overall well ;)

Michael Budalich
Jan 28, 2014
Genetec

Michael Budalich's Results for: Winter 2014 Video Surveillance Current Events Test

Your Score: 72.73%

Not as good as I was hoping. oh well.
Ari Erenthal
Jan 28, 2014
Chesapeake & Midlantic

63.64%. Not the worst here...

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

44 63 people have taken it so far, with an average score of 61.9%. No one got a 100%, but a few of you only got one wrong.

That said, I wouldn't take the score too seriously unless your job is literally 'video surveillance current events tracker' :)

It's mainly meant as a fun / interactive way to stay up date on things going on in the industry.

JH
Jim Hall
Jan 28, 2014

Tied with Mr. Erenthal, although I feel a little hornswoggled! Since I'm still a little green, I was over in that Axis section brushing up, and I swear it said Axis was probably the largest global manufacturer of vid. sur. in the world. Probably not no more.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

Jim, that question is an interesting one because by 'revenue' Hikvision clearly does more but it's since so heavily based on Chinese mega projects that it's hard to compare to Axis which is much more of a broad based supplier to the rest of the word.

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Jan 28, 2014
IPVMU Certified

45% ouch...

PB
Pam Brum
Jan 28, 2014

worst than that, Keefe..double ouch.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2014
IPVM

Here's breakdowns for the most and least answered correctly questions:

Almost everyone got: Which camera company released an IP door controller?

But less than a third of you got the correct answer to this: Which company was punished by the US government for security flaws?

Also, most of you could not correctly pick the name of the VSaaS company that Panasonic acquired.

Steve Beck
Jan 28, 2014

90.9% right here....missed the Avigilon question

AK
Alex K
Jan 29, 2014

Score: 90.91%

I guess good for now :)

JH
Jeffrey Huber
Jan 30, 2014

I just received the following error when I clicked the link:

translation missing: en.surveyor.quiz_too_many

TK
Tina Kwon
Jan 30, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I couldn't access this 11 quesiton quiz at the moment. What should I do? T.T

WT
William Trethewey
Jan 30, 2014

I got this:

TK
Tina Kwon
Jan 30, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Due to this, I couln't take the quiz unfortunately. T.T

I wanna take this quiz later for sure.

Meghan Uhl
Jan 30, 2014

this is the message I get with the link to take the quiz.

DH
David Hansel
Jan 30, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I tried to take the test, but got this message instead.

Will try again later.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 30, 2014
IPVM

Sorry everyone! Try now - http://ipvm.com/take/winter-2014-video-surveillance-current-events-test

It should work. Let me know please.

TK
Tina Kwon
Jan 30, 2014
IPVMU Certified
72.73% Isn't it too bad? Too difficult for me.
Meghan Uhl
Jan 30, 2014

Okay that was fun & informative. I'm not proud of my score - 54.55% - but now that I know I have to actually "remember" what I read :), I think next round will be better.

SA
Syd Anthony
Jan 31, 2014

not bad for someone not in the US market..72.73%... I stumbled on 3 really US centric questions. Is that a pass at least?

JH
John Honovich
Jan 31, 2014
IPVM

Yes, you are now officially IPVM Certified in "Video Surveillance Current Events 2014" - just kidding!

Btw, the Panasonic deal was done in Europe, not the US.

SA
Syd Anthony
Jan 31, 2014

Excellent John thanks :) that means I must read and digest all things IPVM...or I'm good at guessing...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions