Subscriber Discussion

Surface Mounting Of Access Control Product

sS
sundar Subramanian
Aug 11, 2017

Many of new Access control products are surface mount type so it requires to make duct/hall (square) on flat surface (wall).

it is always challenge to create precise hall on surface as per dimensions provided from product manufacturer. generally such products design have some margins to allow installer to fit the product in slight plus dimension on surface hole.

do you know the minimum duct/hall margins should allow to installer by product manufacturer ?

is minimum product margin is depend on surface type i.e. concrete or wooden or metal surface ?

is there any standard for same ?

Brian Rhodes
Aug 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I think you're asking about Plenum ratings for access controllers?  Is that right?

You might start here: Standard for Access Control (UL 294)

sS
sundar Subramanian
Aug 17, 2017

Brian,

here I am asking for Surface mount Access control product margins (in mm or cm) should be kept to install on various surface ?

In above image, surface mount back plate accessory is there. here manufacturer kept few mm margins (shown by red arrow) to allow installer's error in making hall on wall.

Do you have any idea about what should be the industry practice to keep this sufficient margins for installer based on various surface ?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions