Subscriber Discussion

Camera Above Every Table At A Restaurant?

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Don't leave the house much these days, so I don't know how common this is:

Basically a camera above every table in the place.  And a PVM at the bar.

Audio too? Don't know...

Weird?

Brad Peterson
Oct 30, 2016

I eat out a lot, sports bars and nice restaurants and haven't seen this any where. From my experience that restaurant has either had some serious issues or one paranoid owner.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Not a bad way to keep an eye on your tables, maybe get some restaurant analytics with frown detection.

But stash the PVM.

(1)
Cameron Javdani
Oct 31, 2016
Louroe Electronics

Highly doubt there's audio installed here and if there is there would likely be so much background/ambient noise as to make a single conversation unintelligible.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

My comments apparently reached someone in management of the establishment, who said that the cameras wern't related to the tables they were above, and that the room was often rented for events where the tables would be removed.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Oct 31, 2016

Based on the pictures that you uploaded it doesn't seem to me that there is a camera above each table. It looks to me more like general coverage that you would expect in such an establishment.

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

So there's not exactly a camera above every table, the room is laid out with 6 x 5 rows of tables, 30 total (it was a wedding, so they were numbered).

Above the aisle between the rows of tables were cameras pointed down and out at the tables. They looked like the turret you can see in the bar shot. so there was one per table. The PVM only shows the first 12.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions