Subscriber Discussion

Standalone LPR IP Camera

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Jan 09, 2018

Any recommendations for a single standalone LPR IP camera? Needs to either store plates locally or upload to cloud. Preferably both. 

Installation location is flexible, it can be installed to meet any cameras requirements.

Just about all of the plates will be captured during 8-5 work daylight hours. 

No extra VMS or software preferred. Simple operation that the user can search a time and get the plates for that time and vehicle picture.

Ethan Ace
Jan 09, 2018

We've tested IPConfigure's embedded LPR on Axis cameras and found it works pretty well at low speed, say about 10 MPH and under. I believe it works on any Axis ARTPEC-4 camera or higher. Everything is stored on the SD card and accessible via the web interface.

OpenALPR does something similar (Axis camera app) but sends data to a cloud portal. We have not tested it, so I can't make any recommendations as to accuracy.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Jan 09, 2018

Thanks Ethan, they will be moving pretty slow entering a business facility.

SL
Steve Lewis
Jan 16, 2018

OpenALPR offers a free 14-day trial so you can test it your self. Sign up at: cloud.openalpr.com.  We offer an Axis ACAP as well as an Agent that installs on a local PC (Windows/Ubuntu) and streams the metadata to our cloud portal.  @Ethan - happy to set you up with an account to test our accuracy.  

Scott Bradford
Jan 17, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I've also done some testing on the IPconfigure with the Axis Q1765 camera.  It seems to be fairly basic (spits out onto an Excel spreadsheet) but you can do white/black lists which will highlight specific plates. Also, take note that in my testing, it disabled the video output of the camera (so, it no longer functions as a video camera to a VMS, it's now purely an LPR device).  The setup was a bit picky and I had to try 2 different SD cards to get it working (their tech support was pretty good though).   You mentioned 'plus vehicle picture'.   The IP configure setup is going to give you a very low resolution snapshot of the car's plate.... not a lot to go on. You might have to set up a secondary camera slightly off axis to get any sort of context.

The IP configure license isn't cheap, but if you're looking at a stand alone, single camera system, the total cost of ownership is less than say, Plate Smart. 

SP
Sean Patton
Jan 09, 2018

Genetec AutoVu Cloud would work perfectly for what you are describing. 

(1)
Campbell Chang
Jan 10, 2018

Hikvision's 4A26 will do standalone ANPR if you're ok with using them.

Kestutis Nagys
Jan 17, 2018

Hi,

Check this:

https://www.ff-group.org/

JW
Julian Wendler
Feb 26, 2018

the Dahua ITC237-PU1B-IR.

Even when the network is down, the cam does operate via his own whitelist. Via the webbrowser can you set it up. but for search time and plate, use a NVR5208.

but it has a edge storage via MicroSD max 64GB. as above you search via time and/or license plate(even a part of it) in all recordings.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions