Subscriber Discussion

How Should I Arrange My CCTV Booth / Stall?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 10, 2016

Hello IPVM family,

I have just started in the surveillance business (particularly CCTV). There is an expo coming in my country, Botswana which i would be participating in, i totally have no idea on how im going to make my stall look like. Any assistance or suggestions is welcome...in can be through photos etc

Looking forward for assistance. My email is edwinkhethiwe2013@gmail.com

JH
John Honovich
Jul 10, 2016
IPVM

Thanks for asking. You can see how CCTV stall / booths are setup at ISC West for some ideas:

In terms of what you should do, can you answer a few questions first so we can better help:

• How big is your stall?
  • What products, technologies or issues are most important to the visitors coming?
  • Do you represent specific products or lines?

Let us know on that.

Beyond that, make sure you have at least one large banner that clearly shows your company name and is mounted sufficiently high so visitors can see it.

(1)
UI
Jul 10, 2016

Thank you very much for your response. I love particularly the video....

Our stall will be 3m x 3m ...it will just be in an open space having a wall at the back

In my country, we are still at an infant stage in surveillance matters so i ll be showcasing cameras (mainly analogue HD) and other related accessories.

Currently i dont represent any specific products or lines since i havent yet acquired any authorisation i will just be using unbranded products.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 10, 2016
IPVM

we are still at an infant stage in surveillance matters so i ll be showcasing cameras (mainly analogue HD) and other related accessories.

Good feedback. Given that, consider a demo of traditional SD analog vs HD analog to educate / impress people about the differences / improvements possible.

(1)
Brian Karas
Jul 10, 2016
IPVM

What are the approximate dimensions of the area you have to work with? Is this a one-time thing, or do you plan to do more expos in the future?

UI
Jul 10, 2016

Thanks for your response.

Our stall will be 3m x 3m

From now on we will participating in lots of expos coming

Brian Karas
Jul 11, 2016
IPVM

From now on we will participating in lots of expos coming

(2)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Curious, is the expo a security expo, or a vertical market expo, like banking or hospitality?

If it's the first case, you would do well to see what your competition has done in previous years.

UI
Jul 10, 2016

The expo will be a general one with different companies from different field not particularly security only

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions