Subscriber Discussion

Spam Email From A Face Recognition Company Called HB Innovation

JB
Jeremiah Boughton
Aug 13, 2014

Here is a spam email, I received this morning, from a South Korean company that my "Junk Email" did not catch.  However, before I deleted, the email actually caught my attention as it was not from China and it was about Face Recognition.  

Thoughts?

I thought it was funny they asked me if I wanted the Face-recognition algorithm.  I should respond back...yes, I would like this algorithm.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:18 AM
To:
Subject: If you want to know this Face-recognition algorithm and solutions,

How are you!

My name is Charlie, whose company is in Seoul (South Korea) and we began developing a face-recognition algorithm since 2002.

Most developer considered Face-recognition inferior than other bio identifications like as fingerprint and iris.

But, we succeeded in developing better quality of Face-recognition-algorithm which can recognize twins (brothers or sisters).

Please refer to below and attached files;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAopDGBYu5w

In market point of view, this Face-recognition is a blue ocean, which is new, unknown and no-competitive item, we think. 

If you want to know this Face-recognition algorithm and solutions,

Let me know!

I send you all; brochures, demo program and SDK (Software Development Kit) free of charge.

Charlie,

charlie/ director
charlie@hbinno.com
www.hbinno.com
seoulcharlie@gmail.com
http://hbinnovation.wordpress.com

[Mobile] 82-10-2772-8315 [Tel] 82-70-7726-1963 [Fax] 82-2-469-1961
[Address] 2F WooHaeng Bldg, 111 Achasan-ro, Seongdong, Seoul, Republic of Korea, [133-834]

JH
John Honovich
Aug 13, 2014
IPVM

Unfortunately, I have gotten that same email multiple times. Video demo was extremely unimpressive even for spam email standards.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions