Subscriber Discussion

What Software Can Work With Rosslare Access Panels?

ML
Moe Levine
Jul 27, 2016

I have about dozens of Rosslare security access panels and absolutely hate the software that comes with it. Is it possible to keep using these panels but have a different software?

Brian Rhodes
Jul 27, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Not likely. However, to be sure, will you link a model or part number of the panels in question?

ML
Moe Levine
Jul 27, 2016
U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 27, 2016

As Brian noted, it is unlikely -- I'm not familiar with anything that can utilize that panel, as it looks proprietary.

With that said, when you say you have dozens, can you elaborate on that? Are they clustered together in the same closet, or are they distributed across multiple buildings and locations? How many total doors?

While it sounds scary, depending on the size of your system, a conversion could actually be fairly simple and not nearly as expensive as you'd likely expect. But, nothing is always as simple as it sounds. :)

ML
Moe Levine
Jul 28, 2016

These panels are not clustered, they're in different locations and between my clients I have over 144 panels out there. I would never get approval to replace them and the only issue I have is the software which I was hoping to find an alternative to.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jul 28, 2016

You are, most likely, stuck. I am a former Rosslare Rep and they are a proprietary format. I don't recall of anyone being able to flash/takeover any of the panels in my time as a rep. Would need to be a complete hardware takeover. I'd tell you to call tech support at Rosslare, but that's a crapshoot. They cleaned house about a year ago and the staff is very lean, now.

(6)
ML
Moe Levine
Jul 28, 2016

Thanks U2 I appreciate your response - and yes their tech support is completely non responsive. I would never use their panels again but this client had many already installed and I had to keep using them so they're all on one system.

U
Undisclosed #3
Jul 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Moe, for software the site mentions both an Axtrax/Veritrax and AxtraxNG as running on their panels. Are they both equally unusable, or is one pure legacy?

ML
Moe Levine
Jul 28, 2016

If I'm not mistaken AxTraxNG is a newer version of AxTrax. 2 years ago I upgraded the server from Axtrax to AxtraxNG. The truth is the software is not that bad and is usable but I would love to find one that's more user friendly. My clients always have a very hard time managing their users since the flow from one task to another is really lacking.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions