Subscriber Discussion

So I Was On IPVM (New Site Feedback)

John Bazyk
Mar 09, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

I was on IPVM clicking on a discussion to comment and then BOOM, new website! Looks great!

(8)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 09, 2016
IPVM

Thanks, it just just went live. We are examining things to make sure everything is ok and working on further fine tuning.

Also, it should be loading a lot faster.

GC
Greg Cortina
Mar 09, 2016

Ok.....this looks AWESOME on mobile. Now I don't have to switch to full site!

SP
Sean Patton
Mar 09, 2016

I just noticed the same thing. I swear I was in the discussion section 20 minutes ago and it didnt look like this.

Hans Kahler
Mar 09, 2016
Eagle Eye Networks

It looks good - I like the feel of the new site

Ray Bernard
Mar 10, 2016

"Hats off!" to IPVM for doing a really great job on this makeover! Very easy to use in all form factors. Awesome!

(1)
Mark McRae
Mar 10, 2016
Inaxsys Security Systems

looks great, congratulations on the new site

Sean Nelson
Mar 10, 2016
Nelly's Security

much purtier

JS
Jeff Sandine
Mar 10, 2016
RadiusVision

Very nice!

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 07, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Since the release of the new site, things are much smoother and easier to use. I really like the way it feels on my mobile device (iPhone+Chrome).

However, there is one minor annoyance that I would like to put out there. Every time I vote or reply, the top navigation is hidden for a few seconds by the status pop-under. I have found myself waiting for it to clear so I can navigate the site again.

This isn't really a big deal, but just one little thing that could be resolved by having it pop from the bottom, or simply have a close X to clear it.

Overall though, awesome job on the update.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Apr 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hello Jon:

I'll forward this feedback. Thanks!

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Apr 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hello Jon:

The tweak for this is live. Now any 'flash' messages with less than eight words will appear for 2.25 seconds instead of 5.

Also, clicking the flash message itself has always hidden it immediately, but that has never been obvious, so now the cursor turns into a pointer on hover to encourage the user to click on it.

Thanks!

(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 07, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Thanks for the quick fix Brian! I never thought to click it. That would make sense though.

John Bazyk
Apr 08, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

The new site makes the camera calculator much easier to use on the ipad.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions