Subscriber Discussion

Vendors For Smart Poe+ Switches?

TS
Tarek Selo
Jul 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

is there a smart switch can provide Poe and Poe+?or should be a managed switch only

Brian Rhodes
Jul 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I did a minute worth of Google a found this: LGS308P 8-PORT BUSINESS SMART GIGABIT POE+ SWITCH

I'm sure there are others. There's no practical limitation of 'how managed' a switch is and what kind of PoE rating it outputs.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jul 28, 2016

Linksys has a UI emulator to allow you to see what the interface is like and what you can do:

http://ui.linksys.com/LGS326P/V1.0.1.4/26_Port_Gigabit_PoE_Smart_Switch.html

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jul 28, 2016
Cooper Chen
Jan 27, 2017

Hi Tarek

PoE technology standard process allow the device to check PD power level, and then

PSE(power source equipment) provide suitable power to PD(powered device). Thus all Standard PoE switch can meet your request I think.

We provide PoE OEM/ODM to some brand companies.

www.blueswave.com.tw

EP
Eddie Perry
Jan 27, 2017

there are a ton of them, TrendNET has pretty reasonably priced ones  and are easy to use.

TP link

Cisco

HP

etc etc.

just watch the power budget number even if you get a Switch that supports PoE it may only push 4-5 cameras with a 140watt supply.

they always skimp on budgets for some reason.

some of the worst ones are the 48-port PoE+/PoE switches that have a 180Watt power supply for all 48-ports.

KG
Kristian Gragg
Jan 27, 2017

IFS has a full line of POE Switches.

http://www.interlogix.com/transmission/category/network

Keep in mind full power budget of a switch when evaluating and not just price. Lower cost switches will sometimes have a maximum power budget that can be lower than needed. Some may be a 24 port switch but do not provide a power budget that can handle 24 cameras.

Christopher Freeman
Jan 27, 2017

I like trendnet gigabit unmanaged , and tp link 

they work just fine. 

I also use over powered switches. found in the long run , it pays for itself 

only gigabit switchs. , never the eco type as they scale down to save power 

Full power @ 80% max usage leave s room for upgrades and changes 

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jan 27, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We have used a ton of tp link switches without much  issue. A few lost poe on a port and had to be replaced but no biggie

We just started using Ubiquiti per customer requirement and a nice feature is they can run no poe, 24v or 48v per port and ping an ip and reboot if necessary.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions