Subscriber Discussion

Small Outdoor Dome Camera With WDR For Home

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 12, 2013

Hi,

I just had a break in yesterday, and was wondering what options are available for my specific application. I have a bungalow house in the wood (lost of trees with shades). At night it is pitch black unless there is moon light, especially in the winter with snow. Anyhow, I have motion detectors at the front and back yards with many lights coming on. I'm sure I want IR.

Any suggestion for a low light dome camera for outdoor use?

Thanks!

-Ron

Ari Erenthal
Nov 12, 2013
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Does it have to be a dome? Because the Samsung SNO-6011R is a pretty nice bullet camera that's fairly inexpensive.

If it's got to be a dome, look at the ACTi E81.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 12, 2013
IPVM

To clarify, you want WDR or low light or both?

Price range? Under $300? under $500? under $700?

UI
Nov 13, 2013

Both, under $500, if possible! Bullets are acceptable, but would prefer vandal-proof domes.

UI
Nov 12, 2013

Both. Under $500, if possible! Bullets are acceptable.

ED
Enrique Delgado
Nov 12, 2013

I can't recall the model, but the nuvico bullets are pretty good.

UI
Nov 29, 2013

Can the Dahua bullet cameras be mounted on a soffit, or only on walls?

UI
Nov 30, 2013

Has anyone tried the Avigilon 1MP micro HD dome camera?

Home | Avigilon

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Nov 30, 2013
IPVMU Certified

undisclosed (#0318412) integrator... today at our office we just made some additions to our surveillance system using some of the cameras listed above... we installed (indoor) a avigilon 1.0-H3M-DO1 (micro dome), a (indoor) dahua ipc-hdw4100s and (outside) a dahua ipc-hfw4100s... didn't get to spend a lot of time comparing or configuring images hope to get to do more this weekend or monday, i will let you know...

JH
John Honovich
Nov 30, 2013
IPVM

There's a long discussion about the microdome here.

Marty Major
Nov 30, 2013
Teledyne FLIR

Why would you want WDR for an IR camera capturing images in no/low light at night?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions