Subscriber Discussion

Should I Buy TVT Products?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Jul 07, 2017

Hi i am looking for a good Chinese OEM who can offer me good prices and reliable products.TVT seems to be one of the most logical choices for an OEM out there, i heard that they are decent on DVR but I have no idea about their CCTV cameras.

Can you guys share your thoughts about TVT so i can have a more clear understanding while making the order.

Alex Gonzalez
Jul 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We been using TVT equipment for the past 6 years. Mostly the DVR and NVR have been pretty solid so far. My main complaint is the most recent FW/HW update, they call it upgrade but is more of a downgrade. Strip down remote system configuration compare to the full access we had before.

IPC are very high quality in my opinion, I like the image quality and the reliability. We only had 2 camera failure in the past 3 years.

Negative aspect of this company is they are a bit behind on the inovation side, it takes them longer to come out with new products like IP 5MP, 4K  and TVI DVRs that can handle 4 or 5MP. They have been late to the show at the begining of the HD Revolution, we were forced to use Dahua since our company will not use HIKVISION.

Hope this helps.

(2)
UD
Jul 08, 2017

Thanks for the advise, what is your thoughts on their HD analog cameras, in my country we are mostly using the HD analog cameras.

Alex Gonzalez
Jul 10, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Ive used the TVI Domes and Bullets and again, very reliable. Reliability for us is very important.

(1)
UD
Jul 10, 2017

How is their pricing compare to Hikvision or Dahua

thanks for the reply

Alex Gonzalez
Jul 11, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Better then Dahua, Maybe better then Hik but since we dont work with Hik is hard for me to say. Especially with the famous race to the bottom that Hik has created and all the crazy specials they been running.

is
ivan silaev
Jul 11, 2017

HI Varis, 

well, actually TVT is very good choice, i know them since 2004th when they was tongwei video technology, not only TVT

i cooperated with them may be a bit less than 10yrs, and of course know a lot of pro and contra, but if say short- yes TVT is very good choice. few yrs ago they updates their VMS and i can tell it one of the best in China, quite nice design and functionality as well not bad stability, also 2yrs ago they launch so called n9000 generation products, and now their ip camera web UI and VMS as well NVRs/DVRs got those nice and common UI(local GUI and web UI as well VMS and mobile app).

some months ago they released new dvrs which much more competitive than in past, not only by features but finally by price as well. if say about nvrs, also very well products in all terms- features and price. ip camera- well, i can say its are competitive, not magic but fully competitive, and getting better, new features and UI brings its up, well price is less than major players but a bit higher than Raysharp for example or such low prices products you can find from Nihon or Longse. but as total partner- i think their offer is very good.

about ahd- honestly speaking, ahd in my point of view is mass...entry level, so, not sure their cameras will be strong offer, but!! dvrs- 100% best choice. 

additionally ahd cameras no problem to find your choice- from lowest price to high quality.

i know that as spent already almost 20yrs for such research… 

what else... they are really big factory, good QC system, RnD is strong even i always feel they are lazy(joke)

RMA- no question, works well, i can say they only 1 company who offers if you really need, so called service manual( a doc for repairment) they can issue it, most of(99%) never do that and even can`t.

if you wanna i can share a lot of images and videos of their factory. 

and- I'm not their employer, really. just still like this company even 10yrs experience brings me a lot of negative as well… but even so- more positive. if you will meet Mike Guo or Joe Qiu say hello from me.

ivan

UD
Jul 11, 2017

Thanks for the information, I am planing to buy AHD cameras from them. Do you have any experience with AHD products and what is their image quality compare to Hikvision or Dahua.

Thanks for the post

is
ivan silaev
Jul 12, 2017

I have enough experience ahd dvrs with, but a cameras not much, as ahd cameras is very price sensitive point, but a cameras I have- no problem. Actually they one of the companies which I can say- they have an aknowledge to tune an image. Most of companies - not

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions