Subscriber Discussion

Should I Buy Longse Products?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #13
Jul 04, 2017

Hi first of all, I am planing to make an order from Longse TVI 5mp cameras. I am an distributor/re-seller in my country we used to work with other small brands and also with Hikvision, would you recommend us trying the Longse products, do you think that there is a future working with Longse

Best Regards Have a nice day

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 04, 2017

No.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jul 04, 2017

No.

MC
Marty Calhoun
Jul 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Can you run? Better figure it out and FAST, NO NO NO

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #12
Aug 17, 2017

Marty, have you ever tried Longse?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 04, 2017
IPVM

Varis, welcome to IPVM.

Generally speaking, compared to Hikvision (whom you mention), Longse is an inferior product at a lower price. Whether or not you should choose them depends upon how much lower the price is for you and how much that matters to your customers.

Background: Longse vs Dahua and Hikvision Tested and Longse Wants To Be Your OEM.

Also, to give some context of the 3 people above saying no, Longse has a bad reputation in the US that goes beyond product issues, e.g., see: Free Longse 'ONVIF' VMS Released, Partially Stolen From Milestone, Video Insight and Longse Spam Innovation

Varis, for the other 'small' brands and Hikvision that you carry, what problems have you faced? What are you looking for in a new brand?

(2)
UD
Jul 04, 2017

Thanks John for your reply, i want to buy Longse because in my country there is a Hikvision distributor and i need a new company who can give me reasonable prices with an image quality close to hikvision, i know that hikvision is much better but i am in search of of a company whom i can sell in my countryif you have some recommendation i would be really happy, my costumers generally looks for low price and semi-decent quality

JH
John Honovich
Jul 04, 2017
IPVM

Varis,

Thanks for the feedback. Makes good sense to me.

In terms of other smaller Chinese brands, I do not enough about them to give really good feedback. We know Longse because of their long-term spamming.

Other Chinese companies we hear about include Uniview (which aims to be a premium offering), Milesight (which we hear some people using now), TVT (which is one of the bigger long term OEMs) and Tiandy. Maybe others have more detailed feedback.

That said, given your situation and that you are looking for "low price and semi-decent quality" than I would try out Longse.

Btw, how strong is the Hikvision distributor in your country?

(2)
UD
Jul 04, 2017

They are the nr:1 here, before 3-4 years we had the best sales in my country, but the hikvision products were much more effective than mine so they are now the best one here, but i am trying to return my reputation. I have a huge network of costumers i thought that if i can offer a product with lower price and reasonable image quality compare to hikvision i can maybe gain some of my old job back.I would like to hear about your recommendation about my situation, i would be really happy.

ss
sunell security
Aug 17, 2017

Sunell 

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Jul 04, 2017

Amongst yourself,

Write out your reseller/distributor business model and forecast the best you can that future you are pondering. Name 3 other camera brands that fit the same reason you consider Longse. If you have 3 and one bails you can still stand on two foot as long as you are not a tripod.

Most trunk slammers grab whatever they can off of the web(amazon, ebay, craigslist) or distributor (shh...) and then splatter the cables and equipment everywhere. They get a check and run to the next location. The problem is they never have a final destination in mind and only operate in the now.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Jul 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

The problem is they never have a final destination in mind and only operate in the now.

How enlightened!

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 06, 2017

Dear Varis,
How are you?
Thanks for your attention to Longse, this is kelly from Longse, the sales manager for North&South America Market.

Thanks for John attention to Longse too, throught IPVM, we deeply know more about the advantage&disadvantage of our competitors, such as Hikvision, Dahua and also ourseleves, know more about USA Market, and our opportunity for OEM Market.

Longse is a company which keep growing and innovation, something has already changed, so kelly would like to explain through IPVM.

1.Massing spamming: Actually we have change our way to develop the US Market and have already stop massing spamming to USA Market from July, 2016, pls kindly check attached notify. thanks.

2. About Intellectual Property issues: As you know, Longse is still not strong enough compare with Hikvion, Dahua, so we always hope we can learn from the excellent, TOP company, such Hikvison, Milestone, but we did feel sorry that our colleague who in charge of this ignore the Intellectual Property issues, but we already solved these issue, and we will no longer make this mistake again.

For our 5MP TVI, our price is about 15-50% cheaper than Hik.

Apart from the favourable price, big volume, actually we have more advantage which enable us to provide good service to our OEM Customers, for example:
*We have our R&D department, SMT which can provide various customized service
*Strong productivity(daily production 35,000pcs cameras) , 12 working days delivery time
*Stable quality with less than 0.3% RMA rate
*Worldwide Sole Agents……

Sincerely hope you can contact us to know more about Longse. Thanks!

(3)
UD
Jul 06, 2017

Hi Kelly thanks for you reply can you please tell me with which phone applications does longse DVR works

Thanks for your time

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 06, 2017

Dear Varis,

This is the notify we sent to US customers Last year.

第一封邮件
发送时间: 2016-7-20
发送主题:Re: Important Letter—Longse Stop Mass Mailing to US Market
发送内容:
Dear Valued Customer,
Have a good day!

Longse has an Important News For you : From now on, we will change our way to develop the US Market,No Longer mass mailing to US customers, only send emails to those customers who indeed need our products.

In the past years, in order to expand Longse influence and promote the marketing, we sent emails to introduce new or hot products, new technologies and developments,
the assembling technology improvements, the seasons promotion information, etc, to our clients cooperated or potential.

Someone like it, of course someone does not accept it.We are sorry if we disturbed you.

But now, Longse is already the NO. 3 CCTV Manufacturer in China, and have GOOD Reputation all over the world after 10 years experience.

*If you are interested at our products, pls kindly reply us "Yes" , we will keep updated the latest information to you, otherwise you may not able to get any information From Longse any more.
*If you are not interested, pls kindly reply us "No",then we will remove you from our contact list.

Avoid you miss this important message, we will send you again next week.

Sincerely hope hear from you and appreciate your kindly support . Thanks!

From General Manager
Guangzhou Longse Technology CO.,LTD

(1)
Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

longsee lack r and d 

if you want just boxes try them

there is still a lack of detailed spec insist you get full specifications 

they also run a mixed bag 

some at very low margins to pull you in others at deep margins which are always available

they will discontinue low profit products at short notice trying to get you to carry on buying better margin products

(1)
KW
Kelly WU
Jul 10, 2017

I do not know why you said Longse no R&D, maybe the information you get is outdated, if you have the opportuntity to come to China, it is our pleasure to show you our R&D ability!

U
Undisclosed #4
Jul 06, 2017

I wouldnt recommend IP cameras or any type of recorders from longse. Their image quality is as good as any but the issue is with software and GUI's, its buggy and has bad engrish. 

If your needing simple dumb cameras such as TVI, CVI, or AHD, then its a decent low cost option. 

(2)
UD
Jul 06, 2017

What kind of problems their DVR/XVR have can you please explain me?

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 10, 2017

friend,for the issue with software and GUI, May I know when you buy our IP Cameras and which version, model number you buy?

Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

i heard a rumour that longsee

who have about 12 different brand names by the way

cantontek etc....

are phasing out tradtional camers and focusing on wifi

they lack r and d

if you want credability try tvt

(2)
UD
Jul 06, 2017

Do you think that TVT is a better brand then longse, i mean more reliable

Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

Tvt have r and d

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 10, 2017

It is a rumour, really crazy, we do not have 12 different brand names

Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

Tvt better than longse and dahua

similar to hik bit cheaper

UD
Jul 06, 2017

Do you have any experience with their DVR? It would have been helpful

Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

Yes I sell their dvr and nvr 

their ok

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #6
Jul 06, 2017

Hi Varis,

RDS(en.rdscam.com) may offer you one option if you are going for 5MP TVI camera compared to Hikvision brand.

Mick Brown
Jul 06, 2017

Hi rds are ok on camera

the difficulty is dvr 

tvt a bit expensive but have dvr r and d

rds did buy streamex dvr r and d but without continuous r and d it will become dated 

streamex now focus on mobile solutions

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #7
Jul 06, 2017

Use a lower price manufacturer to combat with Hik for revenge ???

I'm sorry but it's almost funny. 

(1)
(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #8
Jul 06, 2017

We are an integrator and have used the Hikvision NVR's and cameras for most of our projects with really solid results.  

We had three projects for companies with lower budgets and so we purchased Longse cameras from a distributor that branded the cameras with there name.  All three projects have turned out to be a disaster for us.  There were different issues with each project. 

Their is an old saying .  "You get what you pay for"

(2)
U
Undisclosed #5
Jul 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Their is an old saying . "You get what you pay for"

Yes, but it's usually used as an argument against Hik, not for it :)

(2)
Mick Brown
Jul 07, 2017

There are plenty of sayings

make hay while the sunshines

but ultimately you will reap what you sew

i don't think this short term view is helpful to the industry 

hik and dahua sell direct in china

their home base 

both have online sales through eviz

and dahua has a Chinese brand

trying to keep them selfs alive in the entry market

but the likes of google and Amazon are big potential threats in the entry space with wifi cameras

so this narrows their sales

china mainly focus on ip as they don't have the cabling infrastructures we have

and. In project business they do they install them selfs

so no need you in future

you can argue it's about relationship

maybe you have fire intruder access control

but we already seeing a trend here where the network / cabling companies are winning project work as they don't need margin on cctv

so corporates can simply buy the hardware online at the lowest price

hik /dahua offer 3 year swap out warranty so what's special in expensive maintenance contracts you can get up a ladder and replace a camera

lets face it you fit hik your a dinasaur 

enjoy it while you can

if no credible alternative you will be crying in your grave

he. Who laughs last laughs loudest

U
Undisclosed #5
Jul 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Who laughs last laughs loudest

all the way to the bank, right?

UD
Jul 07, 2017

Thanks for your post i think i will cancel my order from longse

U
Undisclosed #9
Jul 07, 2017

I hope you did not already send a deposit. If you did it might be very difficult to cancel the order and get your money back.

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 10, 2017

Some comments are real, but some comments about Longse come from rumors, or come from their outdated experience, and some comments are purposeful attacks.
I think the best way to judge a supplier, should like the "Undisclosed Distributor #4" say

"if you are truly interested in doing business with anyone, you should first buy samples to test quality and also test the vendors communication skills and eagerness to help during the sampling process. Then start off with small orders and gradually build up. This technique has saved us alot of money"

U
Undisclosed #5
Jul 10, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I think the best way to judge a supplier, should like the "Undisclosed Distributor #4" say... "buy samples to test..."

Maybe at this point you should just offer Varis a sample or two gratis :)

KW
Kelly WU
Jul 10, 2017

I am sorry if Longse bring you bad experience before, the products of every manufactures can not 100% perfect, but thanks for anyone's feedback, we will keep improving , and try our best to offer much better products, service to our customers,
pls keep paying attention to to ours improvement& innovation,thanks

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #7
Jul 07, 2017

much better investment, and a wise one too.

Christopher Freeman
Jul 07, 2017

Remember the Golden Rule: 

Not that one , the other one: 

YOU always get what you payed for: 

cheep, inexpensive, savings, penny's on the price of others

Pay a little More , Get a Better Product, better support,

Better customer service that can interpret what you are saying and communicate with you . 

Longevity, Time Proven

If you buy walmart quality , Don't be surprised of the failure rates or quality of image

Do the Due diligence on the company, products , support services

Read The Reviews , This is a biggy

I have found that many time s the product reviews confirmed what I found out the hard way after purchasing the product s .

and most of all ( give time to assess the information )  

U
Undisclosed #4
Jul 07, 2017

if you are truly interested in doing business with anyone, you should first buy samples to test quality and also test the vendors communication skills and eagerness to help during the sampling process. Then start off with small orders and gradually build up. This technique has saved us alot of money

(3)
U
Undisclosed #10
Jul 10, 2017

What other larger companies  OEM from Longse?

WF
Wahid Faizzad
Jul 11, 2017

I have bed experience using Longse products.

If you can’t/won’t use Hikvision, go for Milesight instead.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #11
Jul 14, 2017

I'm curious as to what defines a "bad experience"  It would be great if people that have had such experiences could elaborate on the issues, as we are considering OEMing from Longse for a fairly large order and seeing posts like this makes me quite worried!

Is it the cameras that have issues?  IP cameras, AHD or all cameras in general?  Is it the NVR's?  If so, are these software issues?

Considering their prices, Longse seems to be a clear cut choice for companies looking to sell in developing countries where cost is the primary factor in the consumer decision making process.  

Are there any other companies with similar prices/market presence that can be considered as alternatives?

WF
Wahid Faizzad
Jul 14, 2017

Hi Undisclosed Manufacturer #11:

I will share some of our good/bad experiences with Longse. Please note that we haven’t purchased/used Longse products in approx. last 18 months.

Dome cameras: The light from the IR’s are reflecting back to the lens and the result is useless images at night. This is very common in the industry, and can be solved by doing some adjustments, but the “plastic” covers on Longse dome cameras  are designed in such a way that it is not possible to eliminate/reduce this issue.  Longse uses the same housing for IP, AHD, TVI, etc..so this issue is common for all Domes.

Domes we have used last time : LVWDC20TV200S .

VMS: Longse VMS from HeroSpeed is the worst thing we have experienced. The FreeIP app has big security issues. From time to time you can see images from other security cameras, so it is possible for other users to see yours.

Support: Longse provide great support/feedback. It doesn’t mean that they can help you with your issues, but they are doing their best.

Best regards.

U
Undisclosed #4
Jul 14, 2017

Like I said, hardware is not extremly bad by any means. Software on the other hand is pretty terrible. If you want TVI cameras and stuff like that that doesnt require software, they are decent on stuff like that. Anything such as DVR's and IP cameras, the software is the killer.

(2)
Christopher Freeman
Jul 14, 2017

Due Diligence 

Product Samples to test before you buy

Because we have bought so many bad products which were cheep , did not stand the test of time , sun, UV, and more we started really doing a product Background check on the company, product, and experiences of others , so we don't have this issue.  

Ipvm has provided a great resource for this. 

Read the Experiences of others so your not disappointed with your decisions . 

(1)
is
ivan silaev
Jul 20, 2017

Hi,

I keep in touch with this company already may be 8yrs or more, since i met them in SHenzhen show. i had their samples may be from their 1st CCD and CMOS till latest i got in april this year.

i know some of their customers in Russia, as Longse and Cantonk are quite popular here (Russia is very lets say price sensitive and low cost products are always welcome here, so most cheap factories from mainland China you always can find here)

I agree with IPVM report where they wrote- quality is rising, they really changed a lot n production way....lets say in assembling. but if you look for low price ahd/tvi you can test and compare as well- Nihon, RDS, Relong, LSVT, SGS... in my point of view all of them playing the same game, so you can choose one is better for you. Everyone has small advantages or disadvantages each against of other.

As about TVT was signed- of course they are much better than all above in dvrs/nvrs/ipc, but if say only about ahd cams- TVT is good of course but im sure a bit more expensive and less range of cases(design) less sensors and isp. lets say TVT is much more competitor for Dahua, HIk, Uniview, Milesight, but not for Longse.

If about Longse- their ahd cams assembling and image is related to components, so if choose right - image will be not bad, assembling is lets say - traditional for a company which compete in low price game, not bad but not better than others, i was at Longse and Cantonk factories, if you wanna i can share a lot of images and video about their production process and if it`s necessary can give my comments what is good what is not really. also i have some of their cameras so can share image testing result day and of course night and images of structure of a cameras. 

so I can't suggest or not suggest you Longse or others, it's always depends how to to sell and who your customers are. but as i can see ahd/tvi cameras are more and more become commodity products so, more and more depends on cmos and isp, leds, lens but less on any special acknowledge how to adjust..tune image, so even not strong RnD assemblers can get low price but not so bad image...of course it doesn't mean will be good quality during next 2-3yrs, as well doesn't mean low defective rate..etc.

ivan

(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions