Subscriber Discussion

Selling Alarms/Alarm.Com To Residential

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 17, 2017

We are new to this portion of the industry. Typically we do commercial surveillance and our projects are designed, then quoted etc. I see the need for a quick, and easy way to present a solution to residential clients.

How are you handling presentations to residential clients?

Are you using paper documents? Are you using a mobile device to fill out docs, capture signature?

Are you doing something to combine/capture all data so that admin can send to alarm.com and monitoring station? trying to find a way to reduce all the data entry

Brian Rhodes
Jul 22, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Alarm.com, like many resi-focused alarm companies have tablet based sales, demo, and install apps.  All the demos, credit applications, and CRM sales tools are based on that tablet.

Being able to essentially demo the installed system and the interface while on sales is a pretty strong tool.

While not strictly an ADC feature, 2Gig offers a free tablet demo app to emulate their GoControl panels:

Free Sales/Training App

In terms of training and sales aids, 2Gig offers a free, app-based panel emulator that essentially gives customers or sales people 'try before you buy' access and allows for training new installers on configuration and programming without actual equipment.

Given the notorious inexperience of alarm installers, the app offers 'hands on' experience with an example system, and that familiarity may help actual installs proceed faster in the field.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 22, 2017

Thanks we have played around with ADC sales app and the demo tool. I agree the interactive app and having a demo on our phone is a huge help. We also bring in a 2GIG panel but we will probably stop that. The heart is at the app.

I am looking more for how is documentation handled? We just got our contracts back from Kirschenbaum and we have multiple documents.

Are most dealers doing this in hard copy or using some digital format to do this?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions