Dear John:

SSI does not undermine quality research and I do not say this because I am one of their long term technical writers. I say this because the persons at SSI run a very professional organization, and that counts.

Concurrently, innovation is awesome, albeit, I would hope that a better balance can be achieved based on my concerns.

Research by the organizations who I work with and/or am a member of follow a consensus based process, the scientific method and people are not paid, and their names and company names are always fully disclosed. By way of example, the NFPA, National Fire Protection Association.

In closing, I would ask you to consider reaching out to Scott Goldfine, the editor of Security Sales and Integration Magazine, and asking for his comment and feedback as well, and then offer him a one month free subscription. Maybe the way you innovate will catch on.

Best

Jeffrey

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: Do Not Operate Under A Veil Of Secrecy, Nor Would It Ever Be Acceptable To Act In Any Forum Without Disclosing Who You Are