Thank you "Undisclosed 1 Manufacturer" for your testimony. Do not hesitate to touch base with me (LinkedIn link below) regarding your business. Suprema Inc has Entertech USA appointed as our sole distributor as you said but I don't see a reason why you cannot have successful business with them. They are just great and we will find a win/win point.
I think that you have a good one with Hirsch/Identiv , here => https://www.identiv.com/products/premises/utrust-premises-readers
But I am not sure if they still support Biometrics (fingerprint). I guess the demand was not that high so they might have droped the product in the merging. But it is just my modest assumption.
I can recommend a Suprema device that does not have ScramblePad defacto but we can implement it (that is a minor customization). Unfortunately, it does not support IP65 rating:
- BioStation T2 => https://www.supremainc.com/en/AccessControl-TimeandAttendance/Biometric/BioStation-T2
It is an Indoor PIN + Card + Fingeprint reader
I can recommend other Suprema devices but you will not get the ScramblePad (unfortunately):
- BioLite Net => https://www.supremainc.com/en/AccessControl-TimeandAttendance/Biometric/BioLite-Net
It is an IP65 rated PIN + Card + Fingeprint reader => dedicated to access control
- BioStation 2 => https://www.supremainc.com/en/AccessControl-TimeandAttendance/Biometric/BioStation-2
It is an IP65 rated PIN + Card + Fingeprint reader. Also includes Wifi, PoE, fast Fingerprint, extended memory (20K users) and a Colored 2.5 inches screen
Now here comes the best solution in the market if you want to stick to your specifications - Buying two interconnected readers:
- One Card + Pin Scramble IP65 Reader => will send the User ID to the second device (wiegand) => I recommend Software House for that reader.
- One entry level IP65 fingerprint reader => will receive the User ID (wiegand) and will wait for fingerprint verification before granting access => BioEntry W
For the USA market, you shall use an iClass SE card that can store the user PIN on the card memory. The user fingerprint credential (template) will be stored on the device (5K user max).
You also have the possiblity to store the fingerprint on the card, in that case the Authentication process will be: Show card on reader 1 / Make Scramble PIN / Show card on reader 2 / Verify Fingerprint. This process might require a slight customization (FW of the biometric reader).
You can have more information about Suprema and Biometric readers in general here: [Fingerprint Readers Examined] and here: [Favorite Biometrics 2014].
You can contact me for further inquiries: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/baudouin-genouville/9/531/b06
Or contact our sales team via our website "Product Inquiry" (12h answer).