Subscriber Discussion

Schlage Lockset AD Series

JE
Jim Elder
Oct 12, 2013
IPVMU Certified

The big three lock manufactures (IR, Assa Abloy, Stanley/Best) are making a line of wireless Grade 1 locksets. I am interested in a WiFi version of the IR lock, which they presently do not offer. That said, I have been told that WiFi locsets are being planned. Can anyone out there confirm this?

SP
Sean Patton
Oct 14, 2013

I can confirm that WiFi locksets are available in limited availability (from Assa Abloy, not sure about IR, but one would assume they would be working on one). We have multiple projects in planning with them right now.

Brian Rhodes
Oct 14, 2013
IPVMU Certified

I have contacted IR about this question, but they have already forewarned everyone that future Schlage releases are pending the smooth spinoff into Allegion:

JE
Jim Elder
Oct 14, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Brian. Yes i got that impression as well. My delima involves the need to make an immediate decision whether or not to go with Assa Abloy or the AD lock. Rumor has it that IR is working on a WiFi version of the AD lock (which is the client's present standard).

Sean. What do you mean by "Limited availability"? Assa Abloy has been selling their WiFi for some time now (i first got the presentation about 1.5 years ago). Are you aware of some issues with AA's Wi Fi lock? Your point about Allegion in a good one. I sensed a little anxiety during my discussions on the show floor, but i need to get a warm fuzy about the progress of the product development. If i cannot get something in writting from them, i got about 1000 locksets i need to put a hold on.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions