Subscriber Discussion

Schlage AD400 / Assa Abloy IN100 Reviews?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 12, 2018

Hello,

I have a client looking for wireless readers.  They are operating on Lenel 7.3.  Currently we are looking into Schlage AD400, and Assa Abloy Aperio IN100 series readers.

Any input on either will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

SD
Shannon Davis
Dec 12, 2018
IPVMU Certified

You may know this already but first and foremost since they are using Lenel make sure and buy the lock through Lenel to save paying for the lock license. I like the Aperio line better myself. Easy to install and look really good on the door. They also support most major formats including HID iclassSE. One minor drawback is you are supposed to be certified to install the locks. Not that big of a deal as they have online training. The Aperio hubs also have very good read range for the locks as well.

Depending on the application the Schlage NDE is also a good choice. The one issue I have with it is you can only have the Schlage Engage Bluetooth antenna on the controller. No other downstream devices. Range is limited to about 50' max with direct line of site. So either an LNL-3300 or LNL-2210. Also with the NDE you are limited to credential types. They currently don't support HID iclassSE.

We have started pushing for more wireless lock installations. More bang for your buck thus customers can secure more doors. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 12, 2018

Thanks for the input.

This will be for a larger installation, around 50-75 doors.  Some exit devices, most interior cylindrical.  So range is definitely a large factor.

Really appreciate the info.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions