Subscriber Discussion

Samsung SNF-8010 5MP Fisheye - Has Anyone Used One Yet?

Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 04, 2015
Pro Focus LLC

We have used the 3MP SNF-7010 before and liked the results. We have another potential fisheye application and are looking into the new 5MP SNF-8010. Just wondered if anyone had any hands on experience yet. Specifically, we want to make sure that we can pull two warped views, one 5MP and one substream (~VGA), both at 10FPS or above. We also want to know how the low light performance is as well as the WDR. It would be helpful if someone has compared these two units directly (7010 vs 8010).

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Saks
Feb 04, 2015

[IPVM Note: Poster is from Samsung]

With the SNF-8010, you can have multiple streams (profiles) each configured with their own frame rate, resolution, bit rate, & dewarping mode. Thus, you can have a 5MP fisheye image and a VGA fisheye image. You can use this for recording, mobile viewing, etc. You can then have additional streams that use the on-board dewarping. One note is that if you have 2 different profiles each using on-board dewarping, they will have the same display pattern (single, quad view, panorama, etc.) and views.

If you use the client-side dewarping, then you get the fisheye image and can independantly dewarp it, change patterns, PTZ around, etc.

The SNF-8010 also has true day/night mode with a movable IR cut filter with a much better low light performance specification. Less noise, etc. on the 8010.

WDR is limited on the SNF-8010. The SNF-7010 has the full WiseNetIII WDR.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Let me know if you would like to take a look at the camera interface/demo it remotely.

(2)
Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 04, 2015
Pro Focus LLC

Aaron, that is exactly the info I was looking for. Spec sheets only get you so far. Let me know how to access the demo.

Aaron Saks
Feb 04, 2015

Send me an e-mail at aaron.saks@samsung.com with your contact info, and I will set up the camera for you to be able to log in...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions