Subscriber Discussion

Setting Sales Goals?

Jose Noy
Aug 25, 2016

Hi all,

Do any of you fine folks have any documentation that you give to your sales team when it comes to the call goals, expectations, sales goals, etc....? Do you all mind sharing that? We are in the process of developing such but thought Ill ask in order to save re-inventing the wheel.

(1)
Chris Peterson
Aug 26, 2016
Vector Firm

Jose - a few rules of thumb when running through this exercise...

• Calculate different goals and KPIs for each sales person. If you have a blanket quota that is assigned the everyone, then calculate the KPIs unique to each person. Some might be heavy in activity and delivering quotes, while others might qualify their quotes more critically but have a higher close ratio. If you just say "Quota * 3 = Quote Goal", you've done a worse service than doing nothing.
  • Use the fewest metrics possible to accomplish your objective. Four metrics is good, three is better. Document everything, track little. If you have the data documented, then you can dig into the detail to understand successes and failures, but you don't need to track all of these details for everyone all the time. Knowing the amount of dollars on the street at all time is probably important, but knowing the amount of service contracts being quoted may not be needed every week. However, it might be good to be able to dig into someone's data to understand this detail at one time in the future.
  • Design a way to understand the real work of a sales person. The "what have you done for me lately" style of management promotes a lot of derelicts and terminates a lot of competent hard workers. Make sure your data allows you to look under the hood and understand when someone has been lucky or unlucky, and whether they're doing the right thing.

Good luck.

Chris

(3)
(6)
Jose Noy
Aug 26, 2016

Thank you Chris... I truly appreciate your input.

RR
Richard Ramsowr
Aug 26, 2016

Morning Guy

Welcome to the world of sales <GRIN>

I just viewed your website and was wondering if I should "thank you and your family for their service" It looks as if you might be expanding a little more far a field so to speak. you might drop me a line so we might talk a bit Later guy

Rick

Jose Noy
Aug 26, 2016

Sorry, not sure I understand but please feel free to contact me via email at jose@comsurv.com. I did send you a message.

Blessings

Jose

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions