Subscriber Discussion

Need Alternatives To Wire Mold For Surface Run Cables

GF
Gerald Fowler
Apr 04, 2017

I have to run wires to certain locations inside restaurant and there are already cat 5s exposed there but i have a big problem with exposed wires.Is there some product besides conduit or that ugly wire mold that looks good?

Scott Bradford
Apr 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I once had to run wire on an exposed patio.  We took a piece of decorative wooden moulding and routered out a channel on the back side of it, tucked the wire inside the channel and nailed the mould up. Where the wire had to pop out, we used brown single gang boxes and brown coax wall plates, removed the F connector and pulled the cable through the opening.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 05, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

I'm unsure what your objection to series 500 Wiremold? It can be painted to match the wall and is rugged. They make all kinds of parts and pieces. It can even be bent.

Kyle Folger
Apr 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Wiremold is pretty standard. I generally use the deeper 700 series but will sometimes use the shallower 500 series. You might think it's ugly but it sure beats exposed wiring and is better looking than painted EMT. There are other options from Legrand that may look more attractive, but they will generally be larger in size and cost more.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions