JF
Jim FitzGibbon
Apr 25, 2018

Reliable and stable

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 25, 2018

Yes I second what Jim said. Are you looking at bigger installs or smaller ones? 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 25, 2018

Just signing on as a dealer.  RS2 is not a big player in my area.  So looking into how they size up to Lenel, and a little insite from an integrators stand point.

Thanks for the input.

Brian Rhodes
Apr 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Like Lenel, RS2 uses Mercury Security hardware, so from that performance standpoint there is little difference.

Product differentiation mostly exists in management software. RS2's AccessIt! software is not as widely used as Lenel's OnGuard, and will generally offer less 3rd party integrations to other systems.

However, that may not be a factor in your particular verticals.  Especially for smaller dealers, Lenel has a substantial amount of negative sentiment in the channel and was voted Worst Access Control 2018.  While RS2 has a smaller footprint, their mentions were generally positive.

(1)
UI
Apr 25, 2018

RS2 is much friendlier, stable and much easier to work with then LENEL. Their online help desk usually answers 85% of the time.  Plus I’m told they are less expensive on the same mercury boards compared to Lenel. They don’t harass you to keep selling their products or cut dealers left and right. Made a good choice especially if you need a product that need to compete with Lenel on bigger projects.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 27, 2018

RS2 / LENEL / AVIGILON / HONEYWELL dealer so know those different Mercury platforms.

RS2 is a good product. If I had to rate them I would put RS2 and Honeywell Pro-watch at the top. I would put Avigilon and Lenel at the bottom for different issues, but neither of those products are worth the headaches.

UI
Apr 30, 2018

I am surprised more dealers haven't switched over to RS2 from Lenel. Are there certain things Lenel can do that RS2 can't?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Apr 30, 2018

I know one thing that Rs2 can do that Lenel cannot.

Satisfy customers and dealers lol

(1)
(2)
EB
Eric Barker
Apr 29, 2018

One of our local hospitals has it.  Very stable and reliable product.  Easy to use and tech support has be very good and friendly.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Apr 29, 2018

ITs a better than average software running on the Mercury hardware platform. Easy to use, good feature set, and robust enough to run in a variety of sites. Easy to install as well.

Rs2 has great tech support. Their first level tech support people are really knowledgeable about their product. This keeps their call times short. You’re rarely waiting 10 to 20 minutes to talk to a person. In a day an age where across the industry we are seeing that first line of tech support degrading in quality, its nice to see that trend hasn’t hit everywhere.

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Apr 30, 2018

I'll second this by adding two more reasons for their success:  The founders are still in the picture, and some 2nd-generation employees that have really stepped up.

Often times you see kids follow their parents into this industry, and there is no guarantee it works out....

RS2 on the other hand has a few combinations in which "junior" is even more of a go-getter than Dad!  This serves them well.

(No, I am not an RS2 employee)

(1)
(3)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 30, 2018
IPVM

(No, I am not an RS2 employee)

Lol, I literally just checked this and can confirm, not an RS2 employee.

SD
Shannon Davis
Apr 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

RS2 is an amazing product with amazing people behind the product. There was an integrator early on the the GE conversions that had a good sized takeover and to make sure it got done right the VICE President of the company actually came out and helped program the system. Now how many companies can say first that a vice president can even program a system let alone come out and assist with the programming. I personally did a Lenel take over years ago and this same vice president called and asked me when I needed him to come out and help with the conversion. Fortunately RS2 is a really simple install the the conversion was easy as well so I didn't end up using his help but just the fact that he would have without a daily fee plus expenses was amazing as well.

(2)
Jay Slaughterbeck
Jun 07, 2018
Strategic Security Solutions

We have been partners for about 15 years and have installed a TON (dating prior to the product being called Access It! Universal).  Assuming you are not in our region, I'm happy to provide some assistance as well as integrator insight on any concerns that you may have.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions