Subscriber Discussion

REVO America Is Now A Uniview OEM

RS
Robert Shih
Nov 30, 2016
Independent

So, following my recent AvertX revelation I've discovered some more retail-ish iterations of Uniview products.

REVO Ultra HD series

REVO Ultra HD Plus Series

Now it's not just the cameras, but the NVRs as well.

I believe more than a few people have been told that this wouldn't happen with them?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 30, 2016
IPVM

Interesting

An IDIS PR person (not from the US) listed Revo as an OEM of theirs and claimed $20 million in annual revenue.

Now that IDIS has launched their own competitive direct branded offering in the US, I wonder how this is impacting the moves of their heretofore US OEMs like Revo.

RS
Robert Shih
Dec 01, 2016
Independent

I'm not able to identify any of the Idis equipment in REVO's line. Care to pick out the models?
The Uniview form factor is glaringly obvious within REVO's products though.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 01, 2016
IPVM

I'm not able to identify any of the Idis equipment in REVO's line. Care to pick out the models?

I am not saying REVO uses IDIS now. I am saying IDIS very clearly claimed REVO as an OEM a few years ago. So it appears from your and #1's comments that REVO stopped working with IDIS.

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

They still claim them as an affiliate on their financials, and as a large shareholder, on their financials.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Dec 01, 2016
IPVM

Good find, #1, if I am reading this translation correctly, they are reporting ~$7 million in revenue (8.4 billion won) over the past year:

That noted, if IDIS only owns 1/3 of REVO, REVO may have the ability to switch suppliers.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified
(1)
Armando Perez
Dec 01, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

whoops!

RS
Robert Shih
Dec 02, 2016
Independent

How much is a plan there? IPVM could expose a whole lotta people with that membership!

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

They are amateurs!

Real companies have obfuscating holding and shell storefront companies for just this very reason...

(1)
(1)
RS
Robert Shih
Dec 02, 2016
Independent

I found a few from Dahua and Hikvision without membership.

CAMACC gets to buy direct from Hik, for example.

Having trouble finding XiongMai though.

https://panjiva.com/Axis-Communications-Ab/27910616
Evidently, Axis gets their bodies made by China.

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 04, 2016

They should have changed cases and GUI for OEM partners to differentiate the product a little however I think it is unrealistic to expect any manufacturer not to do OEM work for people.

I believe almost every manufacturer in the security industry will have OEM products going somewhere.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions