Subscriber Discussion

Recommendations For Professional Remote Video Monitoring Station?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 27, 2018

Hi,

We are a security integrator company from East Europa. We want to extend our business in cctv remote monitoring station (virtual guarding). What software/solution do you recommend? We want a profesional solution.

Thank you.

Daniel

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Feb 28, 2018

I worked for one such firm so I have some feedback on what worked and did not work.

Milestone, once properly implemented with federation worked well.  Milestone is truly and enterprise grade product but can come with some Enterprise grade challenges.  For us most of our challenges were internal and not with Milestone -e.g. refusal to have a domain resulted in not being able to federate sites.

Eventually we started to deploy new sites using Avigilon to circumvent internal challenges.  This was a much more rapid implementation for us.  In addition even without a domain we could federate/cluster sites of multi-site clients to provide a single logon for our team..  Audio talk down worked much better and was far easier to setup in Avigilon.  Smart codecs were not available at the time but HDSM was of tremendous usefulness.

Both are good options if deployed properly.  Smart codec support is a must.

Do not attempt to create a new PSIM!  If you are looking for something like a PSIM use Sureview like everyone else.

Genetec may be a good option as well, particularly with their cloud product.  However, I have not used it previously to verify.

UI
Feb 28, 2018

Hi,

thx for our answer...do you work with sureview-immix?do you know somethink like immix but for starter, smaller monitoring station?

thx

daniel

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 01, 2018

Sorry, I do not utilize Sureview.  I am not aware of anything similar but lower cost.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Feb 28, 2018

Event Based Monitoring:

Sureview-Immix: King of the PSIMs. Just my option. 

---

Live-View Monitoring:

Genetec: Offers the most for live-view central stations, but gets over shadowed by Sureview in other environments. 

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Mar 12, 2018

Does sureview integrate with HIkvision or Dahua DVRs? 

UI
Mar 12, 2018

Yes

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Mar 01, 2018

Sentinel from monitorsoft is used widely in the UK. Great support and easier company to deal with compared to Immix IMO

UI
Mar 12, 2018

Hi,

''easier company to deal with compared to Immix IMO''???

From a technical point of view, functions, equipment integration (dvr/nvr....), which of the two is more developed? user interface for the operator?
Do you know which software is more open/advanced?

Thank you!

D
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions