Subscriber Discussion

Remote Decoder For Hik/Lts Hdoc System

Joseph Parker
Nov 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  I have a client for whom I installed a 16 channel 3MP HDoC system, and they now need to put a monitor displaying only 4 of the cameras in a specific location.  My DVR output is taken, so that isn't an option.  Were they IP cameras I could easily use a spot monitor, or even a cheap NVR, but I'm not sure how to make this work.  Any ideas?

Brian Rhodes
Nov 22, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Is the DVR connected to a LAN?  Can you use a webviewer to log in/display view via a client?

Joseph Parker
Nov 22, 2017

It is on the LAN, and I have easy LAN access where it's going, but I was really hoping to avoid using a PC based solution as they tend to require fairly constant minding.

Ethan Ace
Nov 22, 2017

Do you know if the recorder outputs RTSP or ONVIF?

If so, I'm not sure, but I think you can do this with Hikvision's HDMI decoder. 

(1)
Joseph Parker
Nov 22, 2017

Ethan, that's what I'd like to do but I just can't determine whether it will work.  May just be a buy and test kind of thing.  DVR model is LTD8516K-ST.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 22, 2017
IPVM

Will Hikvision's decoder series work with a DVR? Scanning their user manual, I see references to working with DVRs.

Joseph Parker
Nov 27, 2017

I just bought one, will know by Friday!

MC
Marty Calhoun
Nov 27, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Use the newer series decoder, hence the 6904UDI decoder 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions