Subscriber Discussion

Reliable People Detection Analytics With Server Based VMS

BH
Bohan Huang
Apr 10, 2013

We have been deploying VideoIQ iCVR-HD units outdoors in remote locations with great success. However, we have an existing VideoIQ client who now wants two to guard the entries of his shop (as well as counting in future) and its a low eave so he is worried about intruders not only stealing his $2k camera but also taking all the recorded evidence with it.

Now we could record iCVR onto a server but that seems kind of redundant and not the most cost effective way.

Its a supermarket style store. Scene is 13m deep and 6m wide.

The alternative would need to be on par or better than VideoIQ in the key metrics of false positives and false negatives, but must be less costly (commensurate with the loss of edge HDD storage).

Interested in pure software solutions permitting use of standard HD IP OnvifCameras or edged based devices with no or SD onboard storage.

Have looked at VCAsys and Viasys as plugins to Exacq but would like some opinions from real world user experiences as unfortunately we are running out of time to test them in-depth.

If suggesting a pure software solution cost for 2 channels must be $2k or less.

If its an edge based solution cost of 2 cameras and software together must be less than $3k and the cameras need to be 2/3MP with WDR and ICR, also must be domes.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 10, 2013
IPVM

Bohan, VideoIQ just announced an analytic appliance that works with 3rd party IP cameras (Rialto R Series). Have you looked at that?

BH
Bohan Huang
Apr 10, 2013

I was under the impression they are not in production yet and also I believe the cost would be higher than 2k.

BH
Bohan Huang
Apr 10, 2013

Sorry just realised that the Rialto R base unit includes storage so no need for a VMS server. hmm but still based on the non-HD Rialto pricing it looks like its going to be a lot more than $3000 for the 2TB base appliance, since the D1 version is already $2600 with only 160GB. Oh I should stop speculating!

So apart from waiting for Rialto R for an unkown period - it may be wise for us to discuss a "backup" alternative. Help guys!

Brian Karas
Apr 11, 2013
Pelican Zero

Bohan -

What you need/want would be our Rialto I4 appliance, which is a stand-alone unit that would have 2 megapixel cameras. We're targeting a shipment date right around May 1 for that unit. The cost of this device + 2 decent 2MP IP cameras would be a little cheaper than the cost of 2 iCVR-HD units overall.

If you're at ISC, stop by and I can show you one.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions