Subscriber Discussion

Recommendations For A Wall Mount 180 Degrees Indoor Panoramic Camera

RR
Ronnie Ronnie
Aug 03, 2017

Hello!

we are looking for a solution to stream our handball-matches to primarily our Facebook-group, but also to be able to upload to YouTube channel.

I have no experience with this, and are hoping for some advice.. we used to use an iPhone to film the matches to Facebook, but we now want a solution with a mounted camera.

So far, I have been looking at the Axis range, primarily me being a newbie, and that I have set up some axis cameras before without to much hassle. The models I have looked at are; M3047-p, which seems to tick most of our boxes;

25fps,180 degrees,hdmi out and price is within the clubs budget (we must use an external sound solution, no built in mic) I have also looked at the M3048-p, but in my understanding, this does not provide 25fps, but only 12/15fps, and this I assume will give us jerky video of a fast playing sport.

the handball-hall is 40 meters long and 20 meters wide, and the placement of the camera is very limited due to no horizontal distance on the midfield from the outer line. Please see picture.

lightning is obviously no problem, and we do have cat7 eth cable already installed in an acces point in the roof which we can make use of (maybe an POE solution)

regards

Ronnie, Oslo Norway

RR
Ronnie Ronnie
Aug 03, 2017

Handball-hall centerline

Planning on placing the camera midfield on the wall, slightly left of the Puma banner

Panoramic view with an Iphone.

Here is the Panoramic skewed view from the position of where we want to install the New camera.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Aug 03, 2017

(I work for Hanwha)

The Hanwha PNM-9020V https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/pnm-9020v.html is a 180 degree multi-sensor camera that has audio input.  It is a vandal/outdoor rated.  In this case, since the camera could get impacted by a ball. a vandal rated camera is ideal.

We also have the PNF-9010RV https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/pnf-9010rv.html, which is a fisheye camera.  It can be wall mounted, especially with our tilt mount and then dewarped to a panorama onboard the camera.

Because these cameras have audio capabilities, you can easily run a mic into the camera (or the built in mic on the fisheye) for the live stream, etc.

If you want to stream this video out live to people on the Internet to easily watch, you can use something like angelcam.com.  They ingest the stream and then provide a URL (with or without password protection) that can be linked to or embedded on your website to watch the game.  They only take 1 stream from the camera, no matter how many people are watching.  If no one is watching, they disconnect the stream.

(1)
RR
Ronnie Ronnie
Aug 04, 2017

Thank you very much for Your  reply!
It would be interesting to have an opinion on the picture-quality between them, and to see a video to get a better understanding of what to expect for our use.
If it is better With the Hanwa, it would be worth investigating, otherwise the benefits for Our use With Axis includes the following:

HDMI out (planning on using a monitor Down the hall simultaneously  With the online streaming if this is possible, I don't know..)

Camstreamer integration, which makes the setup easier, and less costly for facebook/ youtube integration.

My worries with these Axis models, is that these models have not been reviewed, and no video exists, how is the "long range" quality (the players will be 10-15 meters from the camera 90% of the time) This is the M-serie, and as far as I understand, this is the lowest quality series of Axis, but the only ones that can be integrated with the Camstreamer solution that are capable of doing 180 degrees filming. We would love to have a solution (or rather a result like this:
https://youtu.be/Vrswst6uzl4?t=39

But I don't know if this is possible without a external dewarping and software, and the solution does not work with camstreamer.

Regards Ronnie

Armando Perez
Aug 10, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

180 degree cams tend to work better in small spaces, but here are some (not original size) samples from the vivotek 180 degree camera.

(1)
(2)
RR
Ronnie Ronnie
Sep 20, 2017

Update and a follow-up question:
We ended up with a Axis Q3708 PVE, with the hope of getting a video result like "the one you get from an fisheye camera, -without the fisheye cons"..

The problem is, that this camera sends out the information we want in 3 separate streams, and we dont know how to view these in a single player/instance.

Anyone who knows what software or hardware we could use to make this happen?

What we want is obviously to se the whole field and game in one player -or frame. (we thought Camstreamer did the trick, but they didnt, -only 3 different streams, which makes it unusable for our use.

Ronnie

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions