John Honovich
Oct 28, 2016
IPVM

Check it out:

What do you think?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 28, 2016

Self-deleted due to NSFW rating. It was the Team America, World Police song.

(1)
Rian Schermerhorn
Oct 31, 2016

Lol...'Murica, yeeeeaah!

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Oct 28, 2016

GO America except for the cameras we install :(

(5)
(7)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 28, 2016
IPVM

That was what actually caught my eye initially, the IR LED ring typical of older, cheaper cameras.

(1)
Ethan Ace
Oct 28, 2016

What will they do if they ever decide to stop selling Hikvision?

Brian Rhodes
Oct 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

It's a Dodge pickup, so he'll be driving a replacement by then anyway. *ZING!*

(5)
(1)
(10)
CW
Craig Wilson
Oct 28, 2016

'Merica...

glad they put window tinting on the drivers side, although doubt its legal in all 50 states, but at least the driver is shielded from the embarrassment. Wonder if he is related to this guy...

(1)
Michael Budalich
Oct 28, 2016
Genetec

It's not. I had it in New jersey and got several tickets for it and removed it.

Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

That. Is. AWESOME.

Marty Major
Oct 28, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

Tail Gate Slammer (edited)

(1)
(1)
Ari Erenthal
Oct 28, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

I like it. It's eye catching and it sticks in your mind. The only criticism I have is that there's no website address. Of course, this guy might not have a website, which would be a mistake.

My dad, a former EMT, has the name of his company written backwards on the front of his truck the way the word AMBULANCE is written backwards on the front of ambulances. That way a person waiting at a light in front of him can read the name of the company in their rear view mirror. I always thought that was clever.

The only thing I want to add is that you have to be very, very careful driving a truck like this in public. If you get cut off by a pickup truck, you might be upset for a little while until you forget it. But if you get cut off by this particular pickup, you'll remember the name of the company that cut you off. You'll never use that company, and you might even tell others not to use that company. So be on your best behavior- no aggressive driving, let other drivers merge, no conspicuous speeding, and so on.

(1)
U
Undisclosed
Oct 28, 2016

Follow that truck. It's bound to stop at sites using default passwords.

(1)
(9)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

(1)
(27)
Michael Budalich
Oct 28, 2016
Genetec

^ OMG thats hilarious.

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The new guy gets that rig, so he doesn't have to ask...

(2)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

30m Hikbeams, nice.

(7)
Sean Nelson
Oct 28, 2016
Nelly's Security

i give it an 8 out of 10. It stands out and is memorable, regardless of how slightly cheesy it is. There is no confusion of what this guy does. Reason for not a 10 is because of what another poster mentioned, the contact details are not stand outish enough. But maybe you blocked that out?

Brian Karas
Oct 28, 2016
IPVM

Overall I think it is visually catchy without being too over the top.

I would be curious why they went with a crew-cab pickup instead of the more common transit van. I am guessing this is either a 1-man show, or the owners vehicle.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 28, 2016
IPVM

Btw, I thought it was pretty nice. I don't know if this is a Hawaii thing, but there most of the integrator vans were really old and beat up. It was kind of embarrassing.

Marty Major
Oct 28, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

Vinyl wrapping is a relatively new alternative to paint. I saw this link from something that Armando had tweeted recently that featured his vendor.

(1)
Marty Major
Oct 28, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

alternative, as in - 'it aint as expensive as it used to be'

still more than Earl Sheib though I bet...

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Vinyl wrapping is a relatively new alternative to paint...

Plus, you can make a buck on your way around town, thru Carvertising.

One side Fire Grilled Chicken, one side Respectable Installer. Park strategically at client.

(1)
Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016

that vendor is dreamstreetgraphics. link may be considered NSFW if youre looking at the images he uses on his own vehicles. He takes the shock and awe approach to marketing imagery.... http://dreamstreetgraphics.com/

RS
Robert Shih
Oct 29, 2016
Independent

This topic has me rolling...Goddamn if our industry isn't full of inside jokes.

MC
Marty Calhoun
Oct 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Awesome...I am considering having our entire fleet vinyl wrapped from end to end. I have had several friends (Owners of Integration companies) tell me it is one of the best advertising gimmicks they ever did and it definitely paid for itself.

I prefer a design that would be memorable, possibly even shocking to help identify my fleet and my company when making a future security decision.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 29, 2016
IPVM

I prefer a design that would be memorable, possibly even shocking to help identify my fleet and my company when making a future security decision.

I know just the thing....

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

(3)
Gert Molkens
Oct 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I had our trucks vynil wrapped in the passed but not anymore. The advertising is also saying 'hey, there's a lot of interesting and expensive stuff in the back of this truck/van. It's worthwhile to beak it open'.

I had one to two vans (out of only 6) being broken open to steal everything inside. Haven't had a sngle one anymore since i stopped advertising on the vans. They're just anonymous again.

It's a pity because it does atrackt customers but also thiefs and vandals...

(1)
(4)
Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016

Ive wrapped everything from day 1.

Originally kept trying to find ways to make it more attention grabbing. did a photoshoot of one of my employees in a burglar costume in handcuffs in the back so we could wrap the tailgate so it looks like it was transparent. Unfortunately, it looks like an S&M scene gone wrong so we opted against doing it. Attached is a pic showing where we are now and how its evolved a bit and why the hell not, also the mockup of the burglary wrap. (would love some feedback). I still keep looking for ways we could modify the design to make it more shocking or atleast humorous, but we always wind up with mostly professional.

Im a big fan of vinyl and we use it in many places.

For the risk of theft, that is why we have best practices and insurance. The goal of advertising is to get more business. Not wrapping your vehicles is akin to saying, "you know, we would hire more sales people, but we would have to pay more employment taxes."

And as for the comment about driving carefully... yes, its a must. The pickup in this picture makes about 650 horsepower. I am guilty of being the reason we get an unwanted call and it has caused me to become very aware of my driving. And yes, the license plate does say 11MPG, and yes, its an environmental plate. I can be a D*%k sometimes.

Hoosier Security Fleet Sample

(1)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Any burglar who wears his prison garb during a heist is just asking to be caught.

(2)
Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016

We also played around with the A-Team design when we have full size old-school vans... but we eventually settled on the chip foose inspired template above with some changes made over time.

(1)
Mark Kirkeby
Oct 31, 2016

Sure is alot of instant hate here about something or someone you know nothing about, , so a company has a wrapped truck using default images and out comes the hate, To everyone here, how you present yourself to the world is a measure of yourself, how you tear down other people shows the type of person you are, there is very little honor in this thread.

Good Looking truck

U
Undisclosed #3
Oct 31, 2016

spare us all the high-horse perspective newcomer

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 31, 2016
IPVM

Settle down #3, now you're stealing from #2!

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Actually, I just borrowed it from him.

Mark Kirkeby
Oct 31, 2016

Hardly a newcomer, just a professional, which is all I expect here,

I do not have thin skin, I do not need a safe place,

I do need a good place to review and discuss my chosen profession,

cute video , I am certain it was meant to be snarky

U
Undisclosed #3
Oct 31, 2016

see, you are learning.... it was meant to be snarky.

Just like the other posts in this string that you perceived as 'hate' and 'elitist' from those that lack any 'honor'.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 31, 2016
IPVM

#3, please enough, points have been made on both sides. Let's stick to integrator trucks / vinyl wrapping, etc.

Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016

Im sorry Mark, I didnt know I had put any hate out towards anyone. Just sharing a part of my business I really enjoy.

Mark Kirkeby
Oct 31, 2016

Mostly just the first few posts, if this is the quality of conversation on IPVM to attack random integrators and feel all elitist then there will be little of value here in the future. I joined this site for the articles, and discussions, not for peoples opinions on who is a trunck slammer, and slamming a guy because his truck wrap doesn't meet with some personal approval, very disrespectful

JH
John Honovich
Oct 31, 2016
IPVM

Mark, people are free to have different opinions on IPVM. As I mentioned in my earlier comment, I thought it was pretty nice. Some agreed, some didn't.

If IPVM has little value to you, we cannot be all things to all people.

Finally, to add, the whole subsequent discussion about vinyl wrapping adds material details and surely has value to some members.

Mark Kirkeby
Oct 31, 2016

The on point discussion was good,

The trolling was lame, and unprofessional, and is a growing issue in this forum.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 31, 2016
IPVM

You criticized others saying "there is very little honor in this thread".

Again, I don't have a problem with you criticizing others but don't do so and then call the people you disagree with trolls.

Gert Molkens
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

As stated above, i won't go for any wrapping soon.

howeverm if i neede to i would take these points into consideration:

How long will i be using this vehicle?

Will the images that i want to use still be rellevant at the end of the projected life of the vehicle?

We're doing a lot of fibre works and in the past i wanted to use a fibre image on the wrapping. First thing that came to mind were fibre connectors. I didn't use them in the end, lucky for me. 'Standard' connector types changed from ST over SC to LC in the life span of a vehicle. If i would have used an ST image, the wrapping would have been outdated after only a year...

just to mention it's somethimg that needs some thinking about before starting the actual wrapping. I find it difficult to find somethimg that draws attention and still be rellevant five years from now

Armando Perez
Oct 31, 2016

Hey Gert, Im replying only because its an opportunity to show off my geek side not because Im criticising or anything....

When I started the wraps I was concerned about that exact same thing, so I have all of our wraps done in a modular fashion. Its not a single giant sticker. Ours are completely changeable, meaning that if we stop doing asset tracking, we can immediately remove any reference to asset tracking on the wrap without affecting the rest of the wrap. Its essentially sticker over sticker done in a way that lets us change it. This was done in part because I was considering rewrapping the rears of the vehicles as we changed or added new things. In 5 years though, we have never had to change anything, but I did think about it.

This thread makes me want to update the back of the trucks to feature our new image... which Marty Major was nice enough to pose for.

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Perhaps do a radio spot with Marty in an Abbott and Costello-ish routine:

"So, whose your security experts?"
"Hoosier Security."
"That's what I asked you!" and so on

(1)
(2)
Marty Major
Oct 31, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

if that was really me, I would be piping in better things to watch...

(7)
Matthew Fox
Nov 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

IPVM, I think it would be nice to do an integrator truck survey or comparison. I am actively looking for my first company vehicle and it would be nice to know which small install truck/vehicle works best.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 01, 2016
IPVM

Matthew, good idea. I put that in the queue for an integrator survey next week, followed by a post.

We are also already working on a separate guide to vinyl wrapping integrator trucks.

Armando Perez
Nov 01, 2016

We touched on it a few months ago, but alot of questions went unanswered. like, to ecobooost or not to ecoboost, etc. Id like to hear from anyone using the new mercedes too, a little pricier, but seems like a nice middle ground.

Gert Molkens
Nov 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

On the ECO side of the story, I considered an electric Renault Kangoo earlier this year but it turned out that even the limited 160km range is the best case value. Realistic it's more like 80 km and worst case can go as low as 45km on a single charge. Not yhere yet.... by the way, they price was more than double that of a standard diesel version

Ross Vander Klok
Nov 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified
RR
Richard Ramsowr
Nov 30, 2016

1 to 10

I give at 6

Just too busy and flashy.

At fist look, I would say it's a burglar alarm trying to break out and into the commercial market. At best he or she are destined to end up no higher than commercial mid-market at best. Spend your money on marketing material and showing a united face to your client. And please refer to your client as a client, not a customer!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions