Quiz Yourself - Camera Specifications

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Quick Quiz on Camera Specifications - Take It Now

This is a new format we are doing, where no answer is given and you have to fill in the blank. Answers are graded automatically and scores are immediately given.

Please take the camera specification quiz and let us know what you think.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 08, 2015

#Boom

#Pow I dont really like fill in the blank, obviously it wasn't meant to be super challenging, but I am impressed that it figured out a couple of the answers that could really have multiple formats for a correct answer.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Lol, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, that's the part I want to make sure works well, the auto grading feature.

I already found one potential tweak on the codec 'after' H.264, some people are answering without the . in the codec

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Btw, the rationale for fill in the blanks is that we expect it will be tougher to not give any options. With multiple choice, lots of times people can guess from the 4 or 5 options displayed as well as refresh their memories. With it blank, that's eliminated.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 08, 2015

Please keep up the quizzes. You don't know what you don't know until you are called out on it. It's good to know what I need to read up on.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Thanks. We definitely want to do more. We've been looking at ways to improve quizzes and we think this will help us get more challenging questions up quickly.

LM
Luis Marrero
Apr 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

John, this is a good move.

Lou Marrero

ChicagoCommSys@aol.com

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2015
IPVM

Note: we add to add explanations for each answer. This will be included by tomorrow.

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

1 How many degrees is a panoramic camera?

This question causes undue stress, as the test taker is reluctantly is forced to choose between between two equally valid responses, (180 or 360), when the question implies there is only one.

Ironically, getting the answer right by typing '180', for instance, actually undermines knowledge, by making one think that 360 would not have been correct. At least when you get it wrong you see both answers.

Perhaps "Specify a commonly found angle of view, in degrees, of a panoramic camera."

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 09, 2015
IPVM

Test takers can enter both and still be marked correct.

Since ~94% got it right, I doubt there was a lot of stress. Indeed, I would drop that question in future quizzes simply because a question that almost everyone gets right does not help in showing much someone knows.

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Ok.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 09, 2015
IPVM

Be honest: I told you I am not going to use this question again anyway, so why bother continuing with this?

(1)
U
Undisclosed
Apr 10, 2015

Nice format - more challenging

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions