Subscriber Discussion

Question - Why Don't Article Discussions Appear Here?

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 10, 2017

Sorry if this isn't the proper place for this, but is there a reason that discussions on articles don't also appear here? I often forget about comments I've posted on articles and I don't think they get a lot of play because they don't appear here. I think you'd get a lot more conversation about them if they were part of the Discussion page just like a standard discussion thread.

Is there something I'm missing?

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 10, 2017
IPVM

That is an interesting idea. It is not something I had ever thought of.

Currently the way we do it technically is that comments on articles are in their own separate discussion group.

We could show them both together. What do others think?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Feb 11, 2017

Yes, please.  That would make checking back at interesting discussions that much easier.

UE
Undisclosed End User #3
Feb 11, 2017

I would like to see that also, I am still new and am not sure where everything is.  I and up just coming here to check the discussions, and don't make it anywhere also on the page at the moment.  I also would like to see a ios or Android app for the discussions, or is there one?  I am used to regular message boards, that can use the Tapatalk app. 

JH
John Honovich
Feb 12, 2017
IPVM

Ok, so we will merge showing comments from both discussions and reports under http://ipvm.com/discussions which should help provide a central spot to see new comments.

As for a mobile app / tapatalk, I am checking in first with tapatalk. We developed our own forum software (e.g., to do the undisclosed feature that so many of you use) so we can't just upload the Tapatalk plugin and go. But we might be able to write our own custom integration. Will update with what they say.

As for showing comments from discussions and reports together, expect that to be live in 2 weeks.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 16, 2017
IPVM

Ok, this is live. Now comments from articles and discussions appear in the same main discussions directory / listing.

Thanks for the idea!

Let us know what you think.

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 17, 2017

I think there should be a finders fee for the genius who thought up this idea. ;)

(3)
Armando Perez
Feb 17, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Good change. I like it. Wonder if this will have a measurable impact on engagement.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions