Subscriber Discussion

Question About Transportation Surveillance

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Jun 30, 2016

Specifically relating to school bus systems, does anyone have any advice for me as far as choosing a system/ which ones to look out for.

My district is leaning toward Gatekeeper or Seon. Pros and Cons of either? I'm having trouble finding any reviews, but I realize it's kind of a niche. One thing that worried me is that none of the sales people even knew what WDR was, which doesn't bode well for the quality of cameras/systems they're using. It just seems to me like the technology is years behind on these things, but they're still costing a premium. Thanks.

Randall Raszick
Jun 30, 2016

Hanwha Techwin, in their solutions tab, has an NVR and IP cameras for train security under the topic "onboard mobile." Hope it helps.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 30, 2016
IPVM

1, good question. We don't know enough details about those products to give a strong recommendation.

We do know enough to know that your experience of "none of the sales people even knew what WDR was" is not surprising.

The stereotypical school bus system is low quality (discussed here - Who Does Mobile / Vehicle / Bus System Installs?). The reason tends to be schools are very budget constrained.

It just seems to me like the technology is years behind on these things, but they're still costing a premium.

What type of price range are they quoting / estimating per bus or system?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions