Subscriber Discussion

Put An End To Idiotic "Most Influential" Lists, Vote For John Today!

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 27, 2015
IPVMU Certified

John doesn't want your vote, and that is exactly why he deserves your vote!

He has made it clear for years now that he thinks these contests are embarrassing to the industry, and would like to see them eliminated.

Yet still do they persist, even flourish, despite his steady stream of ever-increasing vitriolic invective.

Yet we CAN put an end to this madness. By insuring that John gets the top spot, even over his strenuous objections.

The damaging effects of a hostile and belligerent winner, like John would surely be, would make others think twice about starting such contests.

John's contemptuous 'victory' speech would be reprinted far and wide, for ironic value alone. "Most influential Man rips Most influential contest!"

And a Grand Slam win of John, Brian and Ethan and Derek would certainly bring about the demise of these shams in no time, so Vote today!

P.S. Remember, the more John refuses your vote, the more he has earned it!

:) ;)

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 27, 2015
IPVM

Making me 'win' is not going to stop this. I've been on the last 2 lists and ignored both because highlighting it is simply playing into their marketing game. These lists exist because enough manufacturers lack their own meaningful brand / status / recognition that they embrace this.

I called out the new Securityhive one (Ballot Stuffing The Most Idiotic Industry Person) only because the voting process was so obviously and easily to show flawed.

The most effective thing you can do is email these pubs and complain. The more negative push back, the less overall value they will perceive in these efforts.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 27, 2015

Making me 'win' is Not going to stop this.

Actually, I wonder about that... Reddit and 4chan are known for blowing up silly online contests like this by voting for things that the promotor clearly doesn't want. What if the IPVM readership mobilized to make you/IPVM win every one of these silly contests? Would they finally decide to stop with these polls?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 27, 2015
IPVM

As you recall from the IFSEC one, after the votes are cast, then ther 'panel' gets to re-order as they see fit.

Voting for me or Marty Major or Jerry Seinfeld will just waste our time. They will arrange however they want anyway.

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 27, 2015

As you recall from the IFSEC one,

To be perfectly honest, no I don't remeber the IFSEC one, because these polls are pointless and I never bother to check the results or the editor's spin on them.

As somebody else put it, these polls are more a testament to the marketing department's ability to promote their candidate than anything.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 27, 2015
IPVMU Certified

As you recall from the IFSEC one, after the votes are cast, then ther 'panel' gets to re-order as they see fit.

Wow, that actually happened? This year?

They're lucky they had no credibility to begin with...

JH
John Honovich
Aug 28, 2015
IPVM

"The top 50 rankings were determined by a round of public voting and deliberations from a panel of 13 expert judges from across the security and fire-safety industries."

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 28, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Security hive has no panel (yet). Besides will they really override the popular vote with a real-time ticker for everyone to see?

Get ready for your close-up...

We will conduct individual personal interviews with the “Top 12″ to showcase his/her insights and expertise in our industry.

Ok they might edit that a bit...:)

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 27, 2015
IPVMU Certified

The most effective thing you can do is email these pubs and complain.

Now that's a lot more work than voting, isn't it?

Though for the voting to be successful, you MUST take the #1 spot or else they get their headline.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions