Subscriber Discussion

Program For Delete Video For More Than 2 TB On Windows Server 2008

Joel Rosario
Mar 29, 2017

Hello, dear colleagues. I would like to know which executable program under windows server 2008 can be used to delete files from videos of more than 2 TB.

EP
Eddie Perry
Mar 29, 2017

Format disk works but I think you may not want to wipe the whole disk though right?

Joel Rosario
Mar 29, 2017

So, I don't want to erase the entire disk, but some video files without use, which occupy more than 2 TB.

Thank for your comments

EP
Eddie Perry
Mar 29, 2017

the problem comes in where you are using a GPT partition to create a file space big enough to hold more than 2TB.

you may have to either mount that disk to a Linux system and manually delete the files so the disk can be usable again.  or start small and delete some of the files manually to get under 2TB, or in chunks

word of the wise though dont use more than 2TB file systems on Windows OS's if you need more than 2TB of space you need a NAS or SAN option on some flavor of Linux or an embedded solution ( like WD my cloud or buffalo terastations )

Joel Rosario
Mar 30, 2017

I will test the next program: http://www.hardwipe.com/user_guide/index.html

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions