Subscriber Discussion

Problem Getting An LTS Camera To Work With Avigilon Control Center, Any Ideas?

DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

I am trying to get the LTS CMIP3142w to work with Avigilon, but it gets an error connecting. I spoke with avigilon and they said the camera is not listed as onvif capable. The funny thing is that it used to work until I redid the NVR. I am using the most recent firmware and latest acc release.

Any ideas?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I spoke with avigilon and they said the camera is not listed as onvif capable.

DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

I last spoke with them two months ago about it, I guess it wasnt on the website then. Ill have to follow up with avigilon now.

Thank you

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

According to the certificate date it was there > 3 months ago. Did you give the part number without the -28S suffix? Maybe that's why they didn't find it?

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 16, 2016

This is why we moved away from using any OEM units from Hikvision or others.

DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

Usually I used hikvison nvr's so I dont have problems, but I know what you mean.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 16, 2016

Did you try to add camera manually?

DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

Adding it manually worked. However not it connects and disconnects every second

DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

The issue with it disconnecting is as soon as the microphone is enabled.

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 16, 2016

Why not replace this camera with a Avigilon camera and be done with this issue?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Or replace ACC with a Hik NVR.

(1)
DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

Because as much as I like Hik cameras, there NVR leaves a lot wanting and ACC is much better.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 17, 2016

Just curious

Are you Avigilon partner?

Thanks

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...ACC is much better.

Yes, for sure.

New Avigilon Ad campaign: "Find out why 3 out of 5 Hikvision dealers prefer ACC when choosing for their own personal system." :)

(1)
DM
David Matyas
Jun 16, 2016

These cameras are actually for our office, so there is no one to bill it to.

Thats also why time doesnt count as it is worked on when we are bored.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jun 16, 2016

MM,

Because an Avigilon costs a couple-few hundred dollars, you might find the cost of an LTS in your couch's seat cushions.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Jun 16, 2016

What about all the time you spend getting things to work? You don't count that? Also the price of the the H3 cameras is much closer to Hikvision and you have system that is easier to install, use and support.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do you think it's right to reward the manufacturer whose equipment is not meeting the standard by replacing the conformant product with their own?

*I'm assuming the camera did not start malfunctioning after David "redid" the NVR

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 16, 2016

Undisclosed 1 Not sure what you're implying but I could care less. I want a solution that works every time and having tested basicly every VMS and camera manufacture on the market plus having thousands of cameras in the field I still haven't found anything else that comes close to the easy of use, usability and reliability of Avigilon end-to-end.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Undisclosed 1 Not sure what you're implying...

Nothing besides whomever broke it should fix it.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 16, 2016
IPVM

Avigilon says they support ONVIF Profile S.

That LTS model is listed as ONVIF Profile S.

Those 2 facts are agreed by all, correct?

David bought Avigilon and LTS products, Avigilon should make that LTS model work at the level Avigilon has committed to support it. Yes/no?

(1)
DM
David Matyas
Jun 17, 2016
I just off the phone with Avigilon support. He said that sound is only compatible with Avigilon cameras. When I told him that I have had it working in the past, I was told that was by chance
U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 17, 2016

Whom did you talk at Avigilon?

Name plz

(2)
DM
David Matyas
Jun 17, 2016

I dont know if I should publicly publish the name. Please message me directly and I can provide it

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 17, 2016

Plz get my e-mail from John

and sent me your info

I will gladly call you

I can not see how I can message you :(

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 17, 2016

David Matyas if you want help getting the camera connected please feel free to message me.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions